Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 350

Options
  • 13-06-2007 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭

Am hoping to buy the Airis T920 but failing that, I am going to opt for the Nuvi 350 with MapSource City Navigator Europe v9.

Anyone have views on the cheapest place to buy the 350?

Thanks,

W.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

eBay probably, am after the same one myself (Nuvi 350). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The 350 was replaced with the 360 (It added a bt handsfree kit) pre Mapsource v9. If you do find one, it'll be v8, and it'll be hard to convince Garmin to give you a free upgrade to v9.

I had the 350, have a 360 with v9 and Eastern Europe, and had toyed with the idea of getting the new widescreen 660, but after spending a day with it, it's just too big. The 360 is just superb though, I highly recommend it. Any BMW Dealer will give you a good deal on their remaining stock, as BMW resell Garmin too, and give a 2 year warranty which is a full 12 months more than Garmin themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

bedlam wrote:
    Not true

The company I work for are Garmin Resellers. The 350 was discontinued before v9, so if you did buy a 350 with v9, it was upgraded by your retailer. I was pointing out to the OP that the window of opportunity to now buy a 350 with v8, and have Garmin upgrade it to v9 has passed, as the 360 is out over a year now.
    bedlam wrote:
    300 was replaced by the 350 (both non bluetooth)
    310 was replaced by the 360 (both bluetooth)

Nope. The 350 was out first, then they introduced the lower priced 300. Then the 360 came out with Bluetooth, and they released the lower priced 310 with bluetooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

You will need the 360 alright. I got the 370 while i was in the US and really like it a lot. Was ~€400 from amazon. In reality the 360 would do but i wanted the US mapping also. FM traffic receiver is useless in ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I have the 310 and it's a super little yoke. People have said that the voice calling of streets is annoying and confusing.

I just have my 310 making a beep sound ,when I need to make a manouver. And to be honest ,a beep is about all I can put up with on an ongoing basis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Hi, back again. I bought the 350 in the end. Been testing it for the last few days and am very pleased with it. Glad that I paid a bit extra to get the nuvi's street naming function.

Browsing the maps and setting destinations can be a challenge however. Sometimes, it can be frustrating to be able to see a destination road on a map but cannot find it using the word search. It has to be in the database somewhere. A quick user guide from someone on boards.ie would be very welcome.

W.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

Thanks for that. However my point is that you do a word search for a location or road and fail to find it. Then you go browsing the maps and you see the actual name of the road......

Advertisement