Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Splitting Video

• 13-06-2007 11:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

00010475.jpg

I need to split video from the above device to three screens, there's already existing wiring there which is terminated in a co-axial plug (x3), I can change the plugs but I'm wondering would I be better off outputting it to a plug in amplifier first & then outputting or instead direct to the screens. Audio is unimportant.

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You've got three seperate outputs on that device that should be easy enough to convert, S-Video, Composite Video and Component Video. Just use each output and use the existing wiring as the carrier to each screen. You might find it difficult trying to use component though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

You say you have 3 coaxial cables terminating near this device, are these antenna style connectors going to each of the screens you mention? For distributing the RF TV signal around ? If so then you are going to be limited in you signal choice.

I presume you want audio to these screens as-well as video. If so you need to combine both video and audio onto the coax which means a modulator of some description which will 'broadcast' the signal to the other screens.

If audio is not required then you're limited to composite video signals and a distribution amp is needed.

Over short distances >20mts it's possible to use CAT5e cables to carry RGB signals. There's a wealth of tutorials available on this via Google.

What type of screens are you intending to feed, how far away are they from this source device ? Do you require audio distribution also ? Some more details may yield some more suitable suggestions.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks for the info zener, can you recommend a distribution amp or do you just meen the type that's plugged in ?

Audio is not important as the screens (philips lcd) are going to be in a reception area of my wife's company.

I have to use the existing cable as they are already in place & construction work is not wanted.

They used to have three seperate dvd players feeding these screens however these burnt out due to overheating. I'm going to replace these with a single hard drive media player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

to connect that device to a co-ax plug, you will need an RF modulator, and then a three way amp for the screens.

modulator

three way amp

co-axial isnt the best way to do this... especially with LCDs and DVD quality footage, i'd go down the DVI/HDMI route. but that will require new cables being run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

by the way, where did you get that device?? we have one in work that was given to us but we want another one...

cheers
    moe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Thanks for the info there big moe, running new cabeling is not an option unfortunatly.

Ebay had the streamers, do a search for freecom network streamer

Advertisement