Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia e50 - Memory card password

• 14-06-2007 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

What the hell is the memory card password on a Nokia e50? I never set one. I moved my memory card from one e50 to another and now it's asking me.

This also happened before when I reset to factory settings and another time when I updated the firmware.

Any ideas anyone? I don't wanna lose the contents of my memory card.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

No idea Ciaran. I've an E50 here, and it doesn't ask for a password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

* you may lose content on your phone memory card

Got a few mins to spare? Reset the phone to factory settings (i.e. wiping all content) - then see if it asks for a password :(

Well, I'll try for you in the morning if you'd like, as my e50's at work, I use an n93 most of the time, and the e50's a backup just in case.

Would appreciate if you could.

And if anyone has any other ideas in the meantime ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

can I ask how you updated the firmware? I think mine needs doing.

• Advertisement

Boy am I embarrassed Ciaran, I've my E50 here, and I've just realised, I've no memory card for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭wba88

this is from the e50 manuel

Memory card security
    You can protect a memory card with a password to prevent unauthorized access. To set a password, select Options > Set
    password. The password can be up to eight characters long and is case-sensitive. The password is stored in your device. You do
    not need to enter it again while you use the memory card on the same device. If you use the memory card on another device,
    you are asked for the password. Not all memory cards support password protection.

To remove the memory card password, select Options > Remove password. When you remove the password, the data on the
    memory card is not protected against unauthorized use.

Unlock a memory card
    To open a locked memory card, select Options > Unlock memory card. Enter the password.

@jrey1981 - the options in the latest PC Suite
    @ned78 - not to worry
    @wba88 - problem solved, thanks :)

no prob

• Advertisement
Advertisement