Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex Girlfriend trouble!

• 14-06-2007 12:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I broke up with my ex a few months ago, she was a leech, going nowhere, a real snob but nothing to be snobby about!

Anyway - as I said we broke up a few months back, mutual decision - I was snapping at her a lot and getting more and more frustrated with her general attitude to life - bitching about her life but not prepared to do anything about it!

Anyway its been a few months, havent seen or spoken to her since, I'm dreading it. If I saw her with somone else I'd be very upset. I know its going to happen sooner or later. I think about her all the time, dont get me wrong I'm glad we broke up but we'd been going out for three years and spent a lot of time together. We had lots of good times but her attitude put a downer on the relationship a lot. Seen a couple of girls since but no real interest in them. Basically looking for reassurance that this is normal and for suggestions as to how to get over her.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Completely normal reaction. Unfortunately there's no quick-fix for getting over someone, no matter how sure you are that breaking up was the right move.

It'll take time, and eventually it'll just sort of go away. Sounds like you're already doing fairly well though if you're meeting other women. Obviously you're not interested, but you're getting back out there which i think is usually the best way to get over someone.

Not advocating shagging anything that moves or anything, but when you're with someone that long you get used to them, then suddenly you break up ad it's kind of hard to imagine life without them. best way to get over that is get back out into the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

asterix wrote:
    I broke up with my ex a few months ago, she was a leech, going nowhere, a real snob but nothing to be snobby about!

I was snapping at her a lot and getting more and more frustrated with her general attitude to life - bitching about her life but not prepared to do anything about it! .

asterix wrote:
    Anyway its been a few months, havent seen or spoken to her since, I'm dreading it. If I saw her with somone else I'd be very upset. .

Given the first quote above, why would you be upset?

You have done the right thing in not contacting, i presume that she hasn't contacted you?
    It may be moot therefore as she very well may want to have nothing to do with you.
    If you meet her. Say hi, be civil and walk on. No-one like to be put in those situations, but being adult is about handling them.

You have been with others, what she does is her business.

The fact that you haven't had any interest means that you haven't let go of the comfort zone you were in, despite your obvious incompatibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I think your post is very bitter.

Break ups are never nice but you really have to let it go and focus on your own life. You can't get over it because you are still so bitter about the whole thing. Let it go.

Advertisement