Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greens and Transport

Options
  • 14-06-2007 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all
    I'm not in Ireland right now but just reading that the greens are to get in government and will have some top jobs apparently. As far as I can remember, they were opposed to all transport projects I can remember.
    The Luas (they wanted bus corridors instead), The Metro (buses instead again), and all motorway projects.
    Does this mean that we are to expect further delays in upgrading our transport systems because the greens will oppose everything? What exactly do they want when it comes to public transport? I'm not aware of any of their particularly "green" ideas, all I ever hear is them opposing progressive ideas. Surely we should be modelling ourselves on the European countries with real transport systems and not delaying things further?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Prof_V

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you confusing them with Labour? Labour came out very strongly in favour of buses.

Of course, extra buses can be delivered in substantial numbers in under a year, a railway can't really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Paddygarrett

The greens want to bring a luas-type thing to galway. Nice idea but its inconceivable how theyre gonna make it work.
    However, anything is better than what we have at the moment. It must be the worst transport system in the First World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

All I want is a few cycle lanes around Cork city....pretty please Green Party :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Hi all
    I'm not in Ireland right now but just reading that the greens are to get in government and will have some top jobs apparently. As far as I can remember, they were opposed to all transport projects I can remember.
    The Luas (they wanted bus corridors instead), The Metro (buses instead again), and all motorway projects.
    These aren't their goals at all; they're in favour of all of those.

This is a list of their particular promises.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

promises? hah - they will do what Bertie tells them!

Advertisement