Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Slip - Help?

Options
  • 14-06-2007 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭

Lads,

Placed a bet last night in Ladbrokes that turned out to be a winner.

This morning I realised that I accidently binned the slip at some point last night.

Long shot but is there any comeback on this? I could rewrite the slip word for word, tell exactly when I placed the bet and even describe the girl that took the bet. Is it worth going in and explaining the situation?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Funkymonk83

Go into the shop where you placed the bet and explain what happended. They will have a copy of the slip and usually have a form that you have to fill out the details exactly as on the slip and they just see if it looks the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,273 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I've done it a couple of times. If you can say what bet it was and when you did it, there'll be no problem at all (as outlined above)

If someone found the slip and collected, you've no comeback though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Cheers man, gonna pop in and try my luck later on today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

No trying of luck needed mate, i work in a bookies, this is a daily occurence. Just tell them ye lost it, it will be on the system anyway, they will get you to write it out again. No worrying required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I lumped on Sunderland 10/11 away from home on a Friday evening a few years back, needless to say I found the bet 5 days later with the jeans having gone through the wash. The word Sunderland was just about legible on the slip, and they had drawn a game since the one I backed them in. To be fair they searched and searched and found it in the end, felt mighty relieved. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Cheers for the replies lads. Explained my prediciment, filled in a form and was paid out. :cool:

Advertisement