Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite/Most Hated Game Endings?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

0ubliette wrote:
    I think i might possibly be the only person in the world who played psychonauts and absolutely hated it. I couldnt like the main guy raz no matter how hard i tried, he was an annoying little ****, and the supposed humour, man, i just didnt see it.
    On topic of good/bad endings, i tend to forget the crappy ones, but one ending that sticks out for me as a massive disappointment was the end of monkey island 2. I HATE that ending. It spoils the whole game.
    The mgs2 ending was good but also **** in a 'WTF is going on' kind of way.

I suppose if you hate the main character you might find it hard to enjoy the game. I thought the game was packed with humour. I dunno how much you played but for me there was some genuine laugh out loud moments.

Monkey Island 2, I can see where your coming from. Probably my favourite of the series (just bests 3) and I remember sitting back and trying to absorb the ending. If you played 3 it kind of explains what was happening and rectifies it but at the time, yeah it wasnt the best ending.

I didnt like the MGS2 one bit. Felt really let down by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Out cast

The only one that stands out for me, not so much the ending of the game itself but if you wait through the credits you a presented with a little treat which involves all the main characters !

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I thought the ending to Monkey Island 2 was brilliant...

I hated how Monkey Island 3 tried to ignore and retcon it.

If only Ron Gilbert had been on board for the third installment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭Trode

To be fair, it would have been nigh-on impossible to make a Monkey Island 3 without retconning or ignoring it.

They didnt really ignore it. They explained why it ended the way it did and it fit with the flavour of the games.

All this talk makes me wish Lucasarts made more games like these.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I started palying CMI yesterday, and i actually think its all round a better game than MI2. What i hated the most about mi2's ending was that it totally took away from the piratey, olde worlde feeling of the series. Its like one minute youre on a pirate filled carribbean island in the 1700's (or whenever) then all of a sudden, youre in some modern day amusement park?? Talk about killing the piratey vibe. IMO it totally spoiled a great game. I cant stress enough how much i hated that ending. MI1 had a way better ending, and its why i think mi1 is a better game than 2.

But as i was saying, CMI holds up really well to this day, its still really funny, and the hand drawn backgrounds still look great, it was a shame gilbert wasnt involved but i dont think it detracts too much from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yeah, now that you mention it I remember being severely dissapointed with the Monkey Island 2 ending. As you say it ruined the atmosphere of everything you'd just experienced. Pity we may never get to see what the Secret of Monkey Island was, unless they bring Ron back into the fold and make the real Monkey Island 3 (though, to be honest, number 2 kinda made me lose interest).

At the end of MI1 at least they had the decency to play with things a bit more subtley:

Guybrush: Well, that was a waste of $20.
    Governor Marley: What?
    Guybrus: Nevermind, I don't know why I said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Reading this thread has made me realise I don't finish many games!

My favourites:

Metal Gear Solid
    Blade Runner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i liked the ending of dead rising because there were 5 different endings that could hafve happened.
    i dont like the endings on any of the zelda games coz everything just goes back to normal at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Evangelion

BAD ENDINGS:

Path of Neo: Never played the game, but Ive seen all I need to on youtube

The ending to Path of Neo was classic, the two Wikowski (or how ever u spell it) going at it was brillient

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oman wrote:
    i dont like the endings on any of the zelda games coz everything just goes back to normal at the end
    It depends what you mean by normal. In Link's Awakening
    when you complete the game and wake up the wind fish the whole island and all the people on it vanish forever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My favourites:

Blade Runner

Which one of the 15 did you get? :D

15 endings to that game?

*rummages to find game in order to find other endings*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I got that bug on Blade Runner where you couldn't finish it, and never had the heart to start it again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

come on double dragon especially when you were playing 2 player :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

GoW2 annoyed me because I was getting ready to kick some God Ass (at least we know the 3rd installment will start with a bang!)

Ninja Gaidens ending annoyed me cos I wanted more for the hours of frustration I endured (still love the game though!)

Can't really think of many good endings that haven't been covered already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

As mentioned before, grandia had a great ending, I hated the ending of abes exoddus when you tried really hard but just couldnt save enough mudokons to get the good ending:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Trode wrote:
    Vampire: Bloodlines
    Yes, I know, it's all very clever and decently foreshadowed and all, but it's just not very satisfying.
    Everyone's been manipulated by minor character X all along
    doesn't come much above "It was all a dream" endings in my estimation

Theres like 5 different endings in that game ;)

Well since reading this thread I got curious as to what was so bad about the Halo 2 ending. Finished it yesterday after ploughing through it the last few days.

You werent wrong. Most abrupt ending ever.
    When you kill that Brute and it switches to Chief on that pod thing and he says something like 'im here to finish the fight' I got pumped for some epic last level like Halo 1 with the warthog and the blowing up of the reactor and such. But no. Credits was all i got. And a little film thing at the end

Definitely a big let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Favourites

Half-Life 2, epic, definitely the best ending.
    Halo 1, as you guys have said.
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, the whole last hour of that game is awesome.
    Serious Sam: First Encounter, surprised no-one mentioned this, definitely the best boss fight ever and that made the ending tbh.
    Jak III, great ending(maybe not) to such a great storyline, dead funny too.

Sucky

Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Outcast, absolutely rubbish last boss fight, and then two pitiful cut scenes - annoying since I loved the gameplay.
    Neverwinter Nights, ugghh, another crap boss fight, and crap ending.
    Doom III, crap ending, but then again that storyline never was really going anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

TMNT for NES had a crappy ending but at least some happy music when you defeated the final boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Evangelion wrote:
    The ending to Path of Neo was classic, the two Wikowski (or how ever u spell it) going at it was brillient

Indeed. Path of Neo was an average game but the ending with 'We are the Champions' blasting out was truly epic.

I loved the ending to Amped 3 too.
    A load of dodgy cartoons and the like with the developers singing along, "We hope, we hope you liked our game, we're sorry, we're sorry if the ending was lame."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Dregon wrote:
    As mentioned before, grandia had a great ending, I hated the ending of abes exoddus when you tried really hard but just couldnt save enough mudokons to get the good ending:(

lol, I remember that bloody game. After all that hard work and no proper savegame throughout, and then you find out at the end that it was all for nothing.

Advertisement