Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House - Line options

Options
  • 14-06-2007 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am living in a newly built house in Donaghmede with no phone line.

I have had a clearwire trial and not taken it up.

My question is this, can I get EIRCOM to install a line and not use them for Broadband? If I get the line installed do I have to go with them for the first 12 months, and then be allowed to change providers?

Thanks,
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Yes you can get Eircom to install the line.

Then once you get your Universal Account Number (UAN) from Eircom you can switch broadband and/or phone providers to anyone offering DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DubGF

Thakns for the reply...

Would I have to sign a contract with Eircom stating that I will stay with them for a certain period? I thought I would ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

DubGF wrote:
    Thakns for the reply...

Would I have to sign a contract with Eircom stating that I will stay with them for a certain period? I thought I would ...

No, just get them to install the line and switch over as soon as you get the line up and running.

Advertisement