Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fed up at this stage. Ready to drop!!

Options
  • 14-06-2007 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

A few of my friends finished yesterday and alot of them will be finished by Monday while im not finished till Friday week:(

At this stage Im ready to quit and go out with all my mates!

I hope im not the only one:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah I know what you mean, seeing everyone else finished just makes me want to go out. It also makes it really difficult for me to study as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Well, my next exam's not 'til monday, so I'm having a relaxing morning.

In fairness though, you only do the LC once in your life(presuming you don't repeat), what difference does a couple of days longer than your friends make? I mean it can be a bit annoying that they're celebrating and you're not, but the fact of that matter is you're not missing out on much.

Just think, you have the whole summer to go crazy after Friday week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Well, my next exam's not 'til monday, so I'm having a relaxing morning.
    Me too. Mine's on Wednesday. Still in bed, its kinda nice.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Just think, you have the whole summer to go crazy after Friday week....
    I keep telling myself that, its still pretty annoying though... But that's what we get for choosing the late subjects. At least we have a longer summer though. Gotta feel bad for the Junior Certs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Im glad my subjects were spaced out. Im of the crammer genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I'm having a relaxed morning because next exam's not til...tomorrow morning...hmmm. Bah, 6 exams down and 4 left that don't really worry me. As far as I'm concerned my summer has begun and the exams left are just an inconvenience. I might give each about two hours the night before, but that's it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yey my last one is next wednesday, chill out all day today, it feels good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

Lol...well I'll be thinking of you all tonight!!I'm finished in just over four hours!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Thank god, then we'll never have to hear from you again!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Nothing to stop you celebrating with your friends.... One lad in our class came in hungover yesterday to an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Last year, a friend of mine came into his last exam still rotten from the night before and fell asleep 15 minutes into the exam. The supervisor came down and woke him up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

cocoa wrote:
    I'm having a relaxed morning because next exam's not til...tomorrow morning...hmmm. Bah, 6 exams down and 4 left that don't really worry me. As far as I'm concerned my summer has begun and the exams left are just an inconvenience. I might give each about two hours the night before, but that's it...

Your doing 10 subjects!! :eek: :eek:
    fair play to you.. couldnt do that myself

Im not finished till firday week either.. really looking forward to it!!
    Nothing till next monday so I've a bit of time to sudy! Then I have four day for applied maths.
    Then is the party time... whoo!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm thinking of the people who have it even worse than me. I thought I was bad having 2 exams left when a lot of my friends are already finished but then I think about my friend who still has 4 tests left and I feel much better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

mathew wrote:
    Your doing 10 subjects!! :eek: :eek:
    fair play to you.. couldnt do that myself

Im not finished till firday week either.. really looking forward to it!!
    Nothing till next monday so I've a bit of time to sudy! Then I have four day for applied maths.
    Then is the party time... whoo!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing 11 exams, doesn't mean I'm doing 11 subjects. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Ye im one of those unfortunate people with four left! uhhgg:(

Loasda time to study for them though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Thankfully I only have 2 left.One tomorrow and one on wednesday.And then i'm finished!FOREVER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Stop being so melodramatic, you've got a lovely timetable, well spread out, which is much better than cramming exams into a small few days. Quit Moaning tbh :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

lol, as carlowboy said: number of exams != number of subjects.

i have 10 exams , but 7 subjects...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

Hey Turnip2000, maybe you should show restraint:D

But I know the lure of tamangoes is sometimes too much

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

I'm doin 8 subjects, one more than just about everyone..

I've 2 left Phys/Chem and Music.

Anyone else do Phys/Chem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I've been off since maths on monday and I'm not back in until tuesday. I have my final 4 exams on the final 4 days so its not too bad accept knowing that people are out there finished already and I still have most of mine to go!

Tuesday - Chemistry
    Wednesday - Construcion Studies
    Thursday- Music
    Friday - Engineering

Funny how it worked out the last 4 days, but oh well!

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Oatesy

Can some1 please explain this number of exams doesnt equal subjects thing ?

I was doin 8 subjects untill i dropped irish after realising i dont like it, wasted 45 mins a day on it and dont need it for any of my courses :D oh yes. my friends hate me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

Ive got Chemistry and Accounting left. Im mixed between not really being arsed to study and not actually being able to since they're so far away.:D

During my business exam about four people left about 15 mins early together and it was the last exam for all of them. ****s sake The screaming and shouting was just absolutely ridiculous! Could they actually rub it in anymore!! :D
    @ Oatesy. Irish, maths, english and a few others have more than one exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Oatesy wrote:
    I was doin 8 subjects untill i dropped irish after realising i dont like it, wasted 45 mins a day on it and dont need it for any of my courses :D oh yes. my friends hate me
    Hahaha.I did the exact same thing!High five!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Oatesy wrote:
    Can some1 please explain this number of exams doesnt equal subjects thing ?

Irish english and maths all have 2 papers as well as one or two choice subjects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

I've only done maths and tech paper 1 so far. Thats one and a half subjects while others are finished their 8!

Genrelly the people who have their leaving last longer do better though. The late subjects tend to have a higher % of A1s. like applied maths, tech, ecnomics as opposed to Geography, business. Well, in my school anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

i'm the same. Last exam on Friday. Everyone is going to that STUPID Tramco thing with the Coronas on Thursday night...I'm going to avoid people for the next week now so I don't have to be reminded of their freedom :( hopefully everyone will still be up for going out when I'm finito!!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I'm doing 8 too, but i dont do irish.
    I hate the fact that i hav portuguese the last day, because i don't need to study for it but until i get it done i wont feel like the whole ting is over wit...
    I'm dreading chemistry!!:(

Advertisement