Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Business Broadband Package

Options
  • 14-06-2007 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi There,

I'm currently fishing around for a new BB provider for Business usage in the Beggar's Bush exchange (near baggot st. d4) Our current provider (not naming any names) just isn't satisfactory from a service level agreement point of view and we've experienced considerable down time and loss of business as a result. So enough is enough, time to move on... Our requirements are for circa 10 connections with ample down and up bandwidth.

I've looked into the Irish Broadband Breeze but unfortunately they're full to capacity in our region. Magnet's Business ADSL +2 seems pretty good (8mb down 1mb up) (http://www.magnetbusiness.ie/corporate/broadband.html)
    Has anybody anything to report on this provider in terms of service and support when things go wrong?

Any feedback would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

have you looked at:
    http://www.digiweb.ie/business/broadband/metro-business-broadband.asp
    half the price of magnet (€150)
    €79 for 8Mbps / 2Mbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

Magnet have ADSL2+ technology, as have Smart, so you'll get better speeds and less contention that eircom or bitstream(eircom wholesale).

If the service issues are to do with your line it may not make any difference which SP you go with cos they'll all have the same problem. Having said that I've spent 50 minutes on hold to BT who referred out my line to eircom stating it was an eircom line issue - twice - and all the while it was their equipment - took over 6 days to resolve. If thats your issue then anyone but BT is my suggestion.

Advertisement