Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs things to see!

• 14-06-2007 11:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

Heading to Waterford City for the weekend, I've been down a few times but mostly buisness and didn't have time to look around

Looking for a pubs with a friendly atmosphere and a bit of music.

maybe somewhere nice for a bite to eat and generally anything that would be worth making the effort to do or see..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

50 odd views and not one idea?

this is going to be great...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry, I have ideas - just a bit busy as I want to give you proper info. A rough idea;

You can visit the ancient historic viking sites around Waterford, and get walking tours. Plus, you can see the Regionalds Tower.

Some good shops - Jack Jones, Tommy Hilfigure, Heroes, Debenhams to name a few. Only one shopping centre, but around the town - plenty of shops.

Two cinemas - Waterford Cineplex and Storm Cinemas. Storm is the newer one, offers a much better (and cleaner) service then the older one.

Plenty of Clubs, only know of the one decent bar which would be Geof (sp?).

Some nice restaruants about the place, but I cant name them of the top of my head. Plenty of choice in the area of dinners anyway, but for general snacks it can be pricy depending where you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

ntlbell wrote:
    50 odd views and not one idea?

this is going to be great...

People have probably been reading in work, with no time to write. Happens me all the time (well it did before I moved somewhere that blocks boards.ie).

Pubs: haven't been there in a while, but T&H Doolan's, George's St, still has live music if I'm not wrong. Down around John St though is where the main concentration is, and you're best off just wandering in and out of places there. Examples would be Geoff's, Kazbar, Electric Avenue, Revolution, Wacky Apple and Muldoon's.

Eating: there's plenty (we don't know how lucky we are). Why don't you give some idea of what you're into? La Palma is upmarket Italian. Espresso is its more modest little brother. La Boheme or 33 The Mall for special occasions - apparently La Boheme is out of this world. I myself love L'Atmosphere, a little French place. Cafés, Chinese and Indian places abound. Tuk Tuk Thai, Mai Thai (spelling) and Lemongrass for, well, Thai cooking.

General sightseeing: what are you into? Waterford Treasures and Reginald's Tower are great for the city's history. Dunmore East is a great little fishing village. There's Mahon Falls if you want to head up the mountains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Thanks for that!

Food wise it's the gf's birthday so looking for a nice italian, La Palma sounds like just the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 blondie999

I think 33 the mall has closed down???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

ntlbell wrote:
    Thanks for that!

Food wise it's the gf's birthday so looking for a nice italian, La Palma sounds like just the ticket.

If it's Italian then I would suggest Emiliano's in high Street, been to the new La Palma twice and did nothing for me. The old La Palma was a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Roanmore wrote:
    If it's Italian then I would suggest Emiliano's in high Street, been to the new La Palma twice and did nothing for me. The old La Palma was a lot better.

I second that as much as I loved la palma but since they moved the food just hasnt been the same .
    Also you could have a look at Bodega! great food / wine bar too very lively athmosphere and you dont have to leave your table till closing

Here is an old thread on italian restaraunts in waterford !

For pubs try harveys on Manor St or Geoffs at the Apple Market !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Roanmore wrote:

I second,second (Third) that

Advertisement