Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest destination for skiing

Options
  • 14-06-2007 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Me and a few friends are planning a skiing trip in Nov, we are all students so are looking for the cheapest package possible. Could someone give an example of what a week in Bulgaria or Andorra example cost?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

cheapest place i ever found was going over to poland. flights cork - prague then car rental for the weekend was about EU120, drove to Harrachov (sp?) hotel for two nights two people EU110, ski passes, i think about 50, total including bringing over showboards about 250 per each for the weekend. But it was complete crap, no snow, only 2 runs open, poor facilities. (yes it has cheap beer)

Think the best options would either be to try directski or similar or else fly to someplace (prague / salzburg) and book the rooms based on the snow reports just before you fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

edmund_f wrote:
    cheapest place i ever found was going over to poland. flights cork - prague then car rental for the weekend was about EU120, drove to Harrachov (sp?) hotel for two nights two people EU110, ski passes, i think about 50, total including bringing over showboards about 250 per each for the weekend. But it was complete crap, no snow, only 2 runs open, poor facilities. (yes it has cheap beer)

Think the best options would either be to try directski or similar or else fly to someplace (prague / salzburg) and book the rooms based on the snow reports just before you fly.

We are going to Bulgaria (pomporvora (sp)) in february for a week, 4, star, half board including ski pass and ski school and all that and its costing just over €800 each pretty good i think......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Went to Obersdorf Germany/Austria in February. Flew to Friedrichshafen with Ryanair for €40 return. We got a group train ticket for something like €20 a skull. 5 day pass was only €90 with a student card. Accom was something around the €150 for the week. These are obviously not definite prices but they are in the area. Snow was okay at the start but the last two days there was lovely powder everywhere. Best holiday ever!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The winter ski season doesn't open until December in a lot of places I believe. Even in a decent year (unlike most of the last few) November is very early to be planning to go to be honest. I would make sure I do loads of research into this before booking anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Don1 wrote:
    Went to Obersdorf Germany/Austria in February. Flew to Friedrichshafen with Ryanair for €40 return. We got a group train ticket for something like €20 a skull. 5 day pass was only €90 with a student card. Accom was something around the €150 for the week. These are obviously not definite prices but they are in the area. Snow was okay at the start but the last two days there was lovely powder everywhere. Best holiday ever!!!

Those passes sound uber-cheap imo. Where did you stay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Those passes sound uber-cheap imo. Where did you stay?
    Can't really remember. Hostel the first night then some cheap hotel. Was grand though. Even cheap accomodation in Germany is grand. They don't do our kind of low rent!

Advertisement