Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Data Tariff's

• 14-06-2007 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

I've been looking at the O2 Website for data tariff's (Primarily for E-Mail)

What I have noticed is the Unlimited Blackberry Tariff for €20 ex VAT a month.

Does anyone know if this tariff would apply to MS Push Mail, as we currently dont have a Blackberry Server just a Standard Exchange 2003 server with Push activated.

I have e-mailed O2 days ago but got nothing back.

There data tariff's for GPRS/3G on PDA Phones Not data cards is pretty expensive.

Max Tariff is 25MB's per month (non datacard) and I would exceed that with a few attachments !:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Blackberry tariff applies to Blackberry only.

Have a look at their DCFLAT/Heavy in their 3G Data card pricing .. 2 gig for €40 ex vat - ask one of the agents if they can add that onto your current account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

You think that tariff could be used with a 3G PDA ?

If so it would be exactly what I need.

Thanks for the info much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

I just the DCMEGA add-on for
    WAPping on my phone and using my mobile as a 3G modem for my laptop.
    Both come out of the add-on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd expect much better tariff rates next month when they release their HSDPA offerings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Thanks for the info guys.

In relation to HSDPA, there seems to be a worldwide issue with a lot of carriers.

When for example someone has a phone that will alternate between 3G,GPRS & HSDPA the latter will prevent you from recieving of making phone call's for the duration it is present.

I live in an area where there is HSDPA tests running and as soon as the H appears on my mobile, I cannot make any voice call's, now it may only appear for a few seconds but this can prevent you from making call's in an area with very strong signal's.

This has been noted in the UK,Hong Kong and some parts of europe so beaware that it could initally cause issues until it is sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Flying wrote:

When for example someone has a phone that will alternate between 3G,GPRS & HSDPA the latter will prevent you from recieving of making phone call's for the duration it is present.

I live in an area where there is HSDPA tests running and as soon as the H appears on my mobile, I cannot make any voice call's, now it may only appear for a few seconds but this can prevent you from making call's in an area with very strong signal's.

I frequently made and received voice calls on my N95 while using an HSDPA connection to my MacBook at the same time.

Advertisement