Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Examinations.ie-papers/marking schemes

Options
  • 14-06-2007 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

when will they have all the exam papers and marking sches up r is there any where were you can check answers etc.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

They'll be up when they're up. Posting up examination papers and marking schemes is far down on civil servants priority list so expect them to be up when the office kettle breaks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ron-burgandy

Examination papers are going up after every exam, most of them are up already.

The marking schemes will not be written until a conference is held to discuss the paper with teachers and correctors, so you will be waiting a whle for them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waheyyy

They'll be up when they're up. Posting up examination papers and marking schemes is far down on civil servants priority list so expect them to be up when the office kettle breaks!
    what are you on about?

the exam papers are already up, i'd say the marking schemes won't be up until after the results are released.

www.examinations.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waheyyy

fallon54 wrote:
    Thought the exam was very reasonable, was ****ting myself going in but confident I got at least a B1. Like everyone else, thought the ABQ was grand although part C was very vague, should get half marks anyway, won't know until the marking scheme comes out just what they were looking for.

Quick Question, in relation to short question number 10. I fairly bombed through the short questions they were handy but everyone else seems to have used an extractive industry for production. I chose the ESB (production of electricity) and my two reasons were
    1. To provide essential services to rural and otherwise unprofitable areas
    2. To prevent a monopoly and give consumers choice.

Would that be acceptable?

huh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fallon54

my bad...wrong thread...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Arctic_Monkeh

Must say would be lovely to have the marking schemes soon-ish but i doubt it.

alot of people would be able to predict their grades.....WE NEED SUSPENSE!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The marking schemes will not be publicised at least until the papers are corrected. In most cases that will be the end of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Marking schemes are sent to schools when the scripts are returned for viewing at the end of August. They usually appear on the web at about the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭microbiek

Marking schemes are sent to schools when the scripts are returned for viewing at the end of August. They usually appear on the web at about the same time.

alryt thx........yeh i would of been predicting my grades!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Last years were put up from the 31st July onwards.. http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2006/?C=M;O=A

so itll probably be the same this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

How did you get the link to that page can not find it anywhere

yeah when you go to the website it lets you choose 2007 but you cant get anything after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Cocoa made out solutions for maths:
    http://www.zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/This_years_solutions

10 marks per A question, 20 per B question and 20 per C question, easy enough to work out what marks go where.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Cocoa made out solutions for maths:
    http://www.zulunotes.com/wiki/index.php/This_years_solutions

10 marks per A question, 20 per B question and 20 per C question, easy enough to work out what marks go where.

its not always 10 marks per A question, 20 per B question and 20 per C question and in Q6 P1 its completely diff same for vectors aswell i think dont do that tho!!

and yeh i seen that its graet fair play to her!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

her??

And I've never heard of it not being 10 for part (a) and 20 for parts (b) and (c)...

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

JC 2K3 wrote:
    her??

And I've never heard of it not being 10 for part (a) and 20 for parts (b) and (c)...

Well you better believe it sista!! It actually happens quite regularly when the whole country has a big problem with certain Q's.

This is why they dont print the marks given on the page!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

A considerable number questions in Maths last year were marked 15 for the a part, 20 for the b part and 15 again for the c part. This is a trend thats been going on in the past 2-3 years. Actually the Complex numbers question was 5 for the a part, 25 for b and 20 for c. Q2,6,7 on P1, and Q1 and 3 were 15, 20,15 for a,b and c respectively.

Q2P2 was 15,25,10 for a,b and c.
    Q8P2 was 15,15,20 for a,b and c.

Actually mopst of the part a)'s are 15 marks these days, and either 20,15 or 15,20 is normal for the b's and c's theses days.

And yes as Turnip2000 says it is because of the fact that students do too well or too badly in a question that they change the standard marking scheme. They have to get the same number of A's B's C's etc every year irrespective of how good the students were, how easy or difficult the paper was etc as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

Really mean for the very good students though. Quite often the very good students can do the part Cs without a problem and struggle with the easy stuff(well maybe not struggle but you know what I mean)! I got a part (a) wrong - I feel so ashamed:p - and it was due to a silly blunder and I was able to get (b) and (c) without batting an eyelid. Strange, no?

thats crap bout the sme no. of a's etc... and yea i presumed cocoa was a girl no? sorry!! good at maths!! and wel dne for putin all the solutions up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Really mean for the very good students though. Quite often the very good students can do the part Cs without a problem and struggle with the easy stuff(well maybe not struggle but you know what I mean)! I got a part (a) wrong - I feel so ashamed:p - and it was due to a silly blunder and I was able to get (b) and (c) without batting an eyelid. Strange, no?

I disagree there, if you made a blunder in an a part, you'll probably know about it, and if you're able to, correct it. The A1 students will always be the ones who get all the (a) parts, all the (b) parts and most of the (c) parts. I won't change from that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

'They' don't have to get the same number of As or Bs etc. every year.
    Presuming 'they' are the SEC.

What they do need to have is results that fit into the bell-shaped curve of standard deviation. That's not the same as having the same number of candidates achieving a particular grade as the year before.

If they didn't have this, we would have a situation where Leaving Certificates would be like vintage wine, where one year was a better one for Maths, one not so good for English etc..

Advertisement