Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd Provisional query

Options
  • 14-06-2007 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

I read the sticky but it didn't contain the info I was looking for.

I got a provisional license back in '98, needless to say long since expired, I never bothered pursuing it any further as I felt I didn't really have a need.

I do have a need now however :)

So I'm wondering, do the standard rules apply for getting a second provisional license, or will I have to do the theory test now before getting a new one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just apply for your licence you wont need to do a theory since you have held a licence before.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Actually you will have to do a theory test and get a new licence if your previous licence has expired by more than 5 years. The new licence will also count as a "first provsional" rather than a second, so no driving on your own legally. Not like that stops anyone though.

Advertisement