Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting BB and telephony provider to the regulator

Options
  • 14-06-2007 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had the experience of reporting a BB/phone provider to the regulator for poor service? I have had a combined BB and telephone package for over one year and it has been beset with problems. The problem goes something like this:

The BB has slow speeds.
    I ring technical support.
    They ask me a range of questions about number of handsets, alarm monitoring, virus protection etc etc and get me to perform some tests.
    I explain that no settings/changes have taken place since the last time I called.
    They blame the modem & send a new one.
    I connect this up and it makes no difference.
    They arrange a line-test ( telephony or bitstream for BB),which takes about ten days to carry out, and it comes back as 'no fault on the line' but coincidentally the BB speed is back to the correct one.
    After a few days it reverts back to being slow and so the cycle continues.

At this stage I want to report them for breach of contract but fear that it will just be a book-passing exercise with no action taking place. Any ideas about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Your first step will be to pursue the provider's own complaints procedure. Thereafter, have a gander at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rather_b_diving

A lot of service providers have links into these forums so a name and shame approach may get a speedier response that going down the comreg route - and its a slow route -

If you're with your current SP for over 1 year I'd move your business elsewhere as I'd say you must be out of contract by now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You'll need to go down your providers own complaints procedure first in relation to the problems you have been experiencing, once this has been exhausted you should go the route of Comreg

Advertisement