Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Economics

Options
  • 14-06-2007 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Hey

I was thinking as choosing economics as one of my LC subjects- can anyone advise what it is like....? (easy/hard etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Yeah its pretty simple, you have so much in the exam as well so you can get away with only learning certain topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

yeah i'd recommend it too. but u have to work at it to do well. i studied it for at least a half an hour 5days a week and it totally paid off. i'm repeating and got a D2 last year but really put in the work this yeah and hopefully will get a good B or an A if I'm lucky since I'm off until wed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Amazing subject...depends on your personality though really... it's not a great one to 'cram', like Business is... it involves a good bit of thinking and understanding and usually needs a good teacher too...

if you can get the 'understanding' part down, the actual amount you need to know is pretty small in comparison to other subjects...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

The most predictable test in the Leaving Cert IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

Realy depends on the teacher tbh. With a good one you could cover it in year. With a bad teacher I would imagine its a pretty hard subject.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

Its an easy enough subject. Theres so much choice on the paper that you can leave out loads of the course (8 long questions answer 4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 gina_h

Yea. I had a really **** teacher last year and hated Economics!! Found it really hard to get but this year the teacher's not too bad and find it a bit easier. Still don't really like the subject tho. Dunno what I was thinkin when I chose it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

I prefer the Micro to the Macro by a long way. Probably will do all the micro questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Best subject ever.Nothing in it is truly difficult, theres actually very little in the course, and it has the best exams ever (they're so damn predictible, and you have a massive choice of questions.You only have to do like half the stuff on the paper).If you put ANY work in at all you should get a high B.Hell I haven't worked on it in ever a month, and am still 100% certain I could walk into the exam in tomorrow and get a B3 easily.....however I may as well study it after german, as I'd like to get at least one A1.You should really take it.Its also the only LC subject I find truly enjoyable, I mean history is interesting enough but theres too much Irish stuff, and the business course is far too ****ing random and scattered for it to be enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

Just make sure you go to one of Sean o' Brien's revision courses if your from Cork and you will do grand! :D
    The course is SO short btw. For my Christmas exam and pre I just crammed it all the day before and got As without working at all besides those days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement