Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Microsoft adds heatsink to the 360"

• 14-06-2007 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Wonder if it'll make much difference...
    Microsoft's Xbox 360 has been frequently bashed for the so-called 'Red ring of death' problem, caused by cooling problems in the red-hot console. Gamers have resorted to all sorts of tricks to un-brick their beloved 360s, but thankfully Microsoft has finally addressed the issues which, for some, have proved devastating.

Still, those problems may finally be at an end thanks to some modifications Microsoft is making to the console's interior.

Reportedly, Microsoft is now taking returns of the consoles which have suffered from the red ring of death and upgrading them by inserting a new heatsink. The service is confirmed for French and Czech users, with some American gamers reporting upgrades also. Hopefully England is also on the list.

From the photos, the added heatsink seems to be an additional second heatsink and heatpipe combo which is running without a fan directly attached and which is cooling the 360's GPU.

With any luck then, the 360 modifications will continue smoothly on a worldwide basis and will go a long way to making the Xbox 360 a cooler, more stable platform.

If you've found your 360 has been repaired like this then we'd love to hear from you in the forums and, even if not, why not drop us a comment and tell us if you think these modifications are too little too late, or continuing evidence of how much Microsoft cares for its customers.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2007/06/14/microsoft_adds_heatsink_the_360/1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I have to send mine back for the second time in less than 2 months. Same ring of death **** as before. Do you think I could force them to put this modification into the unit they send me back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Well if the French r getting it why cant we.. Id ring em n demand it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

The problem being that MS support can barely speak english, I'm sure this would be a massive headache trying to explain what I want from them. 2 consoles ****ed within 2 months is completely unacceptable. Does anyone know if the Supervisors in MS support speak fluent english?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Try ringing at the weekend, I never had a problem with them at weekends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

So how are people supposed to find out if they got one....by voiding your warranty?
    If I sent mine back for repair then there'd be no way I'd open it up to see if they put it in and risk voiding it.

Do they renew you warranty if you send it to them to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

DarkJager wrote:
    The problem being that MS support can barely speak english, I'm sure this would be a massive headache trying to explain what I want from them. 2 consoles ****ed within 2 months is completely unacceptable. Does anyone know if the Supervisors in MS support speak fluent english?

As long as you're talking to the Estonian, or German call centre you'll be fine.
    Ask when you ring (despite what they may say, you do have a right to know), and if it's the Egyptian center, ask to be transferred, or just hang up.
    They are constantly sh*te!

I've even been told by members of the Estonian call center, that they get dozens of calls a day complaining about the Egyptians!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Advertisement