Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price this pls!

Options
  • 14-06-2007 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Yo! A mate of mine is after giving me a socket 775 shuttle there last week because hes moved his hardware into a tower case (that should tell me something).

Never the less, im running an AMD 4000+ (939), sli compatible, gig of ram, geforce 6800 GS, 80gig SATA. Im looking at selling all that and putting the money into a new GFX card and processor for ths shuttle.

How much do you rekon i would get for the stuff listed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Not much.

Processor - about 40.
    Ram - depends on make..
    6800GS - about 50
    HD - about 40.

So not more then 150-ish really....all those parts are as cheap as chips new now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

no way man, has to be worth more than that. That gfx card cost 200-60 blips this time last year!

Granted there are 7100s and all that lark out now, that doesnt make them a good gfx card tho

Everythis has packaging. the stuff was opened, and the boxes were put away. All the hardware is brand new and gets cleaned every month.

I think it would be a crime to let all that go for 150 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Computers, unfortunately do not obey the same economics as classic cars, irish houses and collectable base ball cards.

You buy something now, it will lose value, even if never opened. Stick it in a system for a few months, even more money gone. You can't expect to recoup 60% or so after a year. I bought my x1900xt this time last year, I wouldn't even like to think how little it may be worth, maybe €150 or so.

If that were the case, my old gateway would be a collectors item, a pristine example of computing in a bygone age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

red_ice wrote:
    no way man, has to be worth more than that. That gfx card cost 200-60 blips this time last year!

Granted there are 7100s and all that lark out now, that doesnt make them a good gfx card tho

Everythis has packaging. the stuff was opened, and the boxes were put away. All the hardware is brand new and gets cleaned every month.

I think it would be a crime to let all that go for 150 tbh

The 6800 is ancient, a 120 (new) euro graphics card will outperform it (7600GT) and generally 6800 cards fetch about 50-60 second hand now. The 4000+ only costs 60 euro - brand new. I got an X1800XT on boards for 80 euro - and it'd kill the 6800 in anything. 80gb hard drive....worth very little, and ram is also very cheap these days, although again it'd depend on the make as to how much that'd be worth - you can get generic 1gb ram for about 50 - new.

Hardware depreciates so fast.....have to accept that, although some people really don't want to! Also, I've only taken into account what you've mentioned - you didn't say anything about a mobo apart from 'sli capable' so I didn't obviously include that in the price.

To be honest I'd just stick with your current machine....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

hardwareversand.de have 500GB SATA drives for 90 euro. Alas this is the sad truth of building computers, they become pretty much worthless very quick. Also bought 2048MB DDR2 Corsair Value-Kit CL 5, PC5400/667 off them for 59 euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement