Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cristiano Ronaldo problem - Help!

Options
  • 14-06-2007 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

I'm in my 3rd season with Manchester United and am enjoying quite alot of success but I am fairly reliant on my wingers - Ronaldo and Ribery. I've won the Champions League twice and a couple of Premierships to boot. The problem is that Ronaldo is in his last year of contract and is refusing to sign a new one. He says he has "achieved all he can at his current club" but is unreal for me and is "considering leaving on a Bosman at the end of his current deal." Needless to say, this would be a disaster.

Does anyone have any tips as to how I might get him to sign?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That is a disaster!

Did you try offering as much money as possible and massive sign on fees etc? Or did you see who his favorite personnell are and maybe try get them in too? Tbh it looks like he is gone...this is what he would do in real life too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I know - disaster. I asked him for a recommendation of someone to sign - he says Hugo Almeida who I really don't want to sign. I'm trying to offer him to clubs now to try and get some money for him. I wonder how much I'll get though with him immenently leaving. Also, if I start bandying him around he might get pissed off and definitely not want to stay...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Offering him to clubs is defo gonna end your chances of keeping him. Sign the player he wants if you are that desperate to keep him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

use the fm editor or one of those cheat programs to edit things and make his contract until 2015 or something?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Sign a new winger?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

This happened to me in my current Roma game, Mancini wanted a new challenge, couldn't keep him so I sold him to inter for €55 million. It hurt but I brought in 3 players for that price: Lucas, Rafinha and Aguero.

Try and get as much money as possible and look for a replacement, it's all you can do bar cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Unlucky man it looks like he is gone. You could try getting Carlos Quieros to do what he did in real life and have a heart to heart with him.

Otherwise sign Nani, i did, and now i have 2 Ronaldo's.

The fooker left on a free for Barca. I'm desperately trying to sign Messi but he doesn't want to leave. I finally got my other long term target though - Kaka for £55million. Steep I know but him and Van Der Vaart are tearing up the Premiership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

use the fm editor or one of those cheat programs to edit things and make his contract until 2015 or something?
    boooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In fairness the editor can be class. My personal favourite was bringing the Italian national team to torquay on 5 year contracts

• Advertisement

In a follow up, I ended up signing Ronaldo back after 1 season for £40 million, he had a buy out clause. Bit of a stinger I know, but the board are throwing crazy budgets at me these days and he's doing the business for me again!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭AirDemon

I seriously hope 2008 makes some kind of improvement when it comes to budgets and more importantly player prices.

Then again with players like Darren Bent going for £16 million in the Premiership they might think, hey lets make it even more crazy.

Advertisement