Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cork City(ish) - Broadband Options

Options
  • 14-06-2007 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'll be moving to just outside Cork City, probably around Ballintemple.

I was hoping that someone could recommend a good service provider in that area.

I'm in Dublin at the moment on ntl. As far as I know Chorus in the area. I'm fairly happy with ntl and as Chorus are the sister company I was wondering how the service compares. Any one got complaints?

Also if anyone knows of any alternatives?!?

I remember seeing a government run site before listing all the providers in the country but I've forgotten the address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭real_484

In the mahonblackrock area and I am using nova networks wireless and found good speeds and service. Am using blueface for phone and works well, no fixed line. Tried metro about two years ago but couldn't get a strong enough signal but think they now have more transmitters so should be available. The 3G dongle looks like a good alternative for surfing and low downloads amounts. hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Grommet

Have a look at www.getbroadband.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JimmyO

Thanks for the replies.

Don't plan on getting a land line so many of the options on getbroadband aren't suitable but it's a really useful tool to have!!

Nova Networks is much more expensive than Chorus. Is Chorus a real No No in that area? On paper it seems the best value for money.

Do you have the the contention ratios for Nova?

Advertisement