Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone in Brazil...

• 14-06-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

My girlfriend and her sister are currently in Brazil.

My gf is on O2 and has no problem with the roaming, sending/receiving text messages.

Her sister is on Vodafone, and can receive texts ok, but cannot get them to send. They have unlocked their phones, and when they swap sims the problem remains. So it doesn't look to be a phone issue (I assumed it wasn't anyway).

I've been on to Vodafone but they said something about their systems being down and they couldn't check it, and asked me to call back later.

If anyone could shed any light on this, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Is she prepaid? Vodafone dont have a prepaid roaming agreement with a network in brazil so they wont be able to guarantee service there...

I used to work for them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, she's prepaid.

OK, that's some good information, thanks very much. I'll ring Vodafone again anyway, just to see what they say.

edit to add :

Just a quick one, what about the other South American countries?

seansouth wrote:
    Yeah, she's prepaid.

OK, that's some good information, thanks very much. I'll ring Vodafone again anyway, just to see what they say.

edit to add :

Just a quick one, what about the other South American countries?

not sure how my post ended up before yours. Same story with them no official roaming agreement for prepaid so they cant guarantee service

OK nice one for that.

'Tis a pity. But it's only my gf's sister anyway. My gf can text me so I don't really care about it :D

• Advertisement

Currently working for 02 and am surprised they actually have any roaming set up with an countries in north/south america, they are utterly inept!

I really disagree with that actually. I've been all over the world with them. N/S America, Asia, Australia and NZ.

Must give Africa a try sometime soon.

seansouth wrote:
    I really disagree with that actually. I've been all over the world with them. N/S America, Asia, Australia and NZ.

Must give Africa a try sometime soon.

What i meant was that they actually managed to organise a roaming partner. The network in NZ or oz isnt 02's obviously.

Advertisement