Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Holiday?

Options
  • 14-06-2007 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Just wondering where everyone is going, where seems to be the popular spot? or even if everyone is going on a holiday with all of their mates. There's 28? of us going Santa Ponsa 17th august i think.... how bout everyone else?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 juicy-couture11

i'm goin 2 antigua wit da boyf in july. expensive like i wanted 2 go 2 spain. but thats where my ma booked. shud b fun newayz! hope u enjoy santa ponsa ment 2 b a savage buzz. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

HAHA no way im goin to ponza aswell?? Not quite sure of da date but its costing us an arm and a leg!!:o

First things first i need a job!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I didn't have any interest going on the boozing holiday to Ayia Napa with like half my year. Going to Rock Werchter with a friend on the 28th June til the 2nd July, should be great craic. Going on some family holiday after that for a week, and might go somewhere else with a crowd(either to France or somewhere cheap on the continent, or down the country) in late July/early August.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

going interrailling with 7 other lads for 29 days, should be alot of fun, bit of camping bit of hostels: ljubljana, budapest, bratislava, krakow, prague, berlin, amsterdam and brussells. its gonna cost a fair bit though and cant gaurantee we wont end up slepen on the streets at times.

then im off to the far east with family - its typhoon season but the weathers is still good most of the time.

cant wait

theliam wrote:
    going interrailling with 7 other lads for 29 days, should be alot of fun, bit of camping bit of hostels: ljubljana, budapest, bratislava, krakow, prague, berlin, amsterdam and brussells. its gonna cost a fair bit though and cant gaurantee we wont end up slepen on the streets at times.
    That sounds class. I had intended to do something similar, but it didn't really work out in the end(too many people had oscillating interest, some people were put off by the cost, people had different ideas of where to go and for how long, couldn't be sure of the dates etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

theliam, inter-railing sounds class. My brother did it a while back, pretty much some of the same places, says its unreal over there. Border checks the whole time, the whole just-reviving-from-Communism buzz:D

No knacker holidays for us, just to Rock Werchter with some friends, great bands, great weather, great booze...it'll be fun. Might try and get down the country if I've time. If not, I'll have to go see the Pumpkins somewhere, probably Reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I didn't wanna go on the sixth year holiday. There's about twenty going to ..... I'm not sure.... Gran Canaria or something, but none of my friends are going. France in September pour moi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

off interrailing on the 27th with 2 others. Warsaw, budapest, vienna, prague, split, venice and berlin hopefully. Should be amazing. Going for about 27 days or so.. cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

theliam wrote:

then im off to the far east with family - its typhoon season but the weathers is still good most of the time.

cant wait

As it says on my bebo...

"Iacrapa, Margaya and Majorcgay
    INTER RAILING all the way!!!!"

;)
    Couldn't be arsed with a booze holiday. Interrailing is more my scene!

We're not going to as many places as you though (saying that now, but god only knows where we'll end up!!) ... We are flying into Berlin then we're off to Krakow, Budapest, Prague and flying out of Pola in Croatia!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Off to Egypt at the end of the Summer with friends (I'm deferring and they're already in college) then off to Boston after that on my own/with one other, not sure yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Heading to Krakow at the end of the month for a week, then inter-railing for a further 2 weeks around the eastern block. Going off to america with the family then for a week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Im going to Zegeit festival in Budapest in August. Going to be away for the results which im glad about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

Headin to Ayia Napa with about 30 others around bout the 20th of August or sometin. There are about 5 others schools I know of going there aswell same time so basically its just gunna be a big Irish fest. :p

Mushy wrote:
    theliam, inter-railing sounds class. My brother did it a while back, pretty much some of the same places, says its unreal over there. Border checks the whole time, the whole just-reviving-from-Communism buzz:D

No knacker holidays for us, just to Rock Werchter with some friends, great bands, great weather, great booze...it'll be fun. Might try and get down the country if I've time. If not, I'll have to go see the Pumpkins somewhere, probably Reading.
    GWAN TEH WERCHTER!!!

Irish meetup ftw.

What happened to that rumour about the Pumpkins playing Marlay in August?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Going to Salou on the 23rd of this month with a mate of mine, 3 days after economics :D

Cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Salou is amazing. I dont agree with these holidays. Waste of my time, i would go if people were just interested in doing good stuff but instead its going to be drugs and alcohol for 2 weeks. I needed to bring in that serious note.

I'm all up for drugs and alcohol, but it's just something about the nature of those holidays that doesn't interest me, most likely the type of people and the repetitivity of the whole thing.

Thinking about it, I'd probably enjoy myself were I to go on one, but it wouldn't be my first choice on what to do for a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

JC 2K3, no idea about that Pumpkins rumour. although they did announce Scotland on Tuesday, which is happening just before Reading/Leeds, so perfect time for Marlay too:p

Agree with ya also on the whole thing of that sort of holiday. Just doesnt interest me. Definately Itish meetup ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭blah88

As far as I know Ayia Napa goers are Blackrock,St.MIchaels,Terenure,Templeogue,Our Ladys,Beaufort and a one or two of other can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

blah88 wrote:
    As far as I know Ayia Napa goers are Blackrock,St.MIchaels,Terenure,Templeogue,Our Ladys,Beaufort and a one or two of other can't remember

WOW theres a knacker holiday HAHA LOL LOL:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

jusus, when i did the leaving, i had to work all summer so i could go to college!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Brasil for a month and a half then Spain for 11 days

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭ashyle

About 12 of us girls going to Zakynthos in August. Would have rathered going somewhere slightly more exciting/unusual but money issues prevail!

Not much of a beach bum so I hope to do some daytripping with a few mates to ******* and see the temple of ZEUS haha..(anchorman anyone?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If I went on a holiday I'd probably just play poker 24/7... and I do that anyway so I may as well just stay at home! Poker will see me through college so it will.

why was the word o.lympia starred out?? just so i know...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think it's relating to the music venue in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm not going anywhere, going to work all summer and camp around Ireland if the weather picks up, hopefully I'll feck off for a weekend somewhere in September though.

I think it's relating to the music venue in Dublin.
    heh didn't think of that. Well I meant the ancient greek city :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Rozabeez wrote:
    camp around Ireland

I went camping in Kilkenny for three nights last summer, best weekend ever!

I'm going to Tenerife with my family and a friend, and hopefully maybe Amsterdam if I can get people to go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

jusus, when i did the leaving, i had to work all summer so i could go to college!

Yeah! I have no idea how all my fellow LC-ers can afford a holiday with college in september. I'll be working all summer and that's not even going to half cover the year. It'll probably last me all of a month.:(

Advertisement