Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Holiday?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,470 ✭✭✭✭cson

Thats what I keep telling my friends, oh how they mock Dutch Gold and Bavaria now....they'll be glad of it come the end of September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

cson wrote:
    Thats what I keep telling my friends, oh how they mock Dutch Gold and Bavaria now....they'll be glad of it come the end of September.

i'll never convert.... even 1 can of quality is better than 6 cans of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

cson wrote:

Bavaria is the best cheap beer around

6 cans for 7 euro!!! ftw!

plus it actually tastes ok! unlike dutch mould and all that lidl crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

md99 wrote:
    i'll never convert.... even 1 can of quality is better than 6 cans of crap
    Ah canned beer is never really good anyway.

For special occasions I'll get bottled Heineken, but other than that it's cheap booze all the way.

Sometimes if I really don't want to drink Bavaria or Dutch(Bavaria is VASTLY superios) I'll just get drunk off spirits.

It's all about variety.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Yeah! I have no idea how all my fellow LC-ers can afford a holiday with college in september. I'll be working all summer and that's not even going to half cover the year. It'll probably last me all of a month.:(
    Likewise. I ain't leaving Ireland at all, well, apart from going to the north the odd time maybe.

:(

• Advertisement

Also, would you believe that Dutch Gold isn't actually avalible in Holland :p Clever branding gives it a continental feel that um....appeals to the skobies.

Stock up on your Heino etc in Tescos during the bank holiday weekends, serious offers. I think Supervalu are still doing the case of millers for €16.50 but I could be wrong.

Anyway thats all off topic, um holidays yeah..... trekking the amazon for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

It was tesco doing that miller offer but they're probably all sold out now. 20 for 22 euro in supervalu. I think dunnes has some offers on right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 sezconz

Just wondering where everyone is going, where seems to be the popular spot? or even if everyone is going on a holiday with all of their mates. There's 28? of us going Santa Ponsa 17th august i think.... how bout everyone else?!

i'm goin2 santa ponsa aswell...theres 6 of us goin on the 19th of august, 14 more comin over after the 1st 5 days...20 girls altogether!!can't wait...i was there last year and its amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

If any of ye go to Germany, buy lots and lots of delicious German Beer, its only 93 cent for half a litre in Cologne, and also in Cologne and other big cities in German there are places where you can recycle the Beer bottles and the best bit is that you get 9 cent back meaning that just under a Pint is not even 85 cent.

And its way nicer than anything you'll ever find in this country, I promise you that. My personal favourite if anyone goes near Cologne or Bonn is Reissdorf. Or Gaffel Koelsch.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

sezconz wrote:
    i'm goin2 santa ponsa aswell...theres 6 of us goin on the 19th of august, 14 more comin over after the 1st 5 days...20 girls altogether!!can't wait...i was there last year and its amazing!!

I've had to change my flight...so it looks like I'll be heading over on the 24th with those 14 girls! should be fun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

E92 wrote:
    If any of ye go to Germany, buy lots and lots of delicious German Beer, its only 93 cent for half a litre in Cologne, and also in Cologne and other big cities in German there are places where you can recycle the Beer bottles and the best bit is that you get 9 cent back meaning that just under a Pint is not even 85 cent.

And its way nicer than anything you'll ever find in this country, I promise you that. My personal favourite if anyone goes near Cologne or Bonn is Reissdorf. Or Gaffel Koelsch.
    Pfft. Tis 75cent for a pint in Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

Pfft. Tis 75cent for a pint in Poland.

bigger Pfft, try the phillipines, happy hour, youll get a bottle for 15pesos = around 30c. or just get a litre of vodka for a few euro, black out and do lotsa crazy stuff :D:D:D

Pfft. Red Biddy ftw. Red wine and methylated spirits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Julliet

whats santa ponsa like??

is it popular as a leaving cert holiday? me and my friends are trying to decicde where to go... we want some where with other irish people our age but nothing like ayia napa, crete etc cos of strict parents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

A music festival somewhere in Europe? I went to Rock Werchter(Belgium) after my LC last year. It was great fun and there were loads of Irish people there. Friends of mine went to Sziget(Hungry), which lasts for a whole 7 days, and there are plenty more festivals to choose from also. You could also go interrailing and incorporate a festival into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Wacken festival in Germany 31st July - 2nd August! \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Zakynthos....one of the Greek islands!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 carrig2007

Practically all of my year is going to oxygen which is a couple of weeks after the leaving. Not exactly glamorous i know but it should be serious craic like!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

We're booking tomorrow...

Not sure to go to Santa Ponsa or Kusadasi (turkey)

Theres 6 of us..all guys

Anyone have any advice???

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I'm heading to San Francisco a few days after I finish the Leaving, which is the 18th of June. Haven't booked the tickets yet though. My brother lives over there so I'm gonna work with him for the summer. I have to be back for the 23rd of August though as my sister is getting married then. Should have a good 7/8 weeks over there though still. Comtemplating whether I should come back for the LC Results, doubt I will but I'd like to be back for the Offers Day so as to organise college accomadation(being a bit presumptious there maybe!) and stuff like that.

Can't wait though, nice incentive to get me through the LC!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

blah88 wrote: »
    As far as I know Ayia Napa goers are Blackrock,St.MIchaels,Terenure,Templeogue,Our Ladys,Beaufort and a one or two of other can't remember

Portmarnock...

Loads of people in my year are going there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Cant anyone actually be original???? why does everyone ships off to sanata ponza or the canarys, crete or salou? alicante etc Not even good holidays, if i want go boozing ill boot up to a local pub, instead of wasting my money in a tourist spot.

If i was going abroad id head to france or italy somewhere different, and actually enjoy myself. Feck "Balymun in the sun"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how many people can actually say theve takin advantage of all the sights to be seen in Ireland????when you think about it were living in a feckin beautiful county (in the summer)!!!!!!whos actually visited the aran islands the burren the giants causeway etc etc?????

Thanks for reading my rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I don't believe in leaving cert holidays as such, think they're a load of balls. So all going according to plan i'm going to Hellfest in France the day after my music exam with a few friends from outside school. :)
    I don't really like the idea of the amount of fights that would go down over the space of a week in some resort somewhere. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭crazygirl101

cant be bothered with the whole crete, ayia napa thing.. going on a tour of america with my best friend (boston, florida , nyc an L.A) - her older bro lives there so we'll be seeing him 2! shud be fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brethitmanhart

Going interrailing, for 18 days.
    Dubrovnik, Budapest, Prague, Frankfurt, Amsterdam

Might go other places along the way....or even completely out of the way depending on how things go, theres 10 of us.

Anyone have any info on these places (especially Croatia and Budapest)
    Also anywhere we should be going. Are other places along that route good??

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mangled

flat 2 gran canairies 4 two weeks at d end of july!!10 lads headin out!
    lets not 4 get bout ****** first!!!
    any one else goin 2 canairies??same time??:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

Turnip2000 wrote: »
    WOW theres a knacker holiday HAHA LOL LOL:D

well im from ashbourne and theres like 30 people goin fro here so it WILL b a knacker holiday haha!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 always&forever

HERSONNISSOS :D CRETE!!!!!!!!!! gona be mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

Mr.S wrote: »
    Interrailing for me plus a few other mates, stop off at a music festival in Belgium, continue the trip, and finsihing up with a few days in Nice by the beach and then flying home:) 29 days of fun!

sounds good but still i thik i preffer the old fashioned drink fest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭eoghan h

HERSONNISSOS :D CRETE!!!!!!!!!! gona be mental

we're going there on 27th of June!!! When ya goin???

We're staying in Piskipiano which is like 10 mins from hersonisis

Advertisement