Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soft bedding - must be suitable for ourdoors

Options
  • 14-06-2007 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. We just had our whole back garden patio slabbed and I'm worried about the dogs lying on such a hard surface during the day. I remember my parents lab getting hard callouses on her elbows.

We've always had straw in the kennel but only 2 of the dogs 3 use this and it does get very wet/dirty very quick. Are there any waterproof dog beds?

I think I remember some sort of beanbag at an ideal homes exhibition but I can't remember the name and I'm pretty sure they were expensive.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

put those keywords into ebay and some waterproof beds should come up. I think Rogz beds may be water proof as well, but pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Why not try a cow mat, or another type of rubber matting. I use them& they're great, cleaning them just involves hosing them off.
    Try your local co-op or agri supplies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭2funki4wheelz

Thanks Amimad, they sound very handy. Could you cut them to size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

You could, the ones I got were 4footx6foot & fit in my kennels perfect. I'd ay you'd need a sharp blade. Good luck
    Ami

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

try vet bed - its a synthetic grey material like fleece and easily washed. Vets use it in their own kennels. I saw some in a pet shop in cork - but you can get it on a website -
    http://www.petshoponline.ie
    or
    go look in the thread on pet shops/vets at the top of the board thread listing. hope this helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement