Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contaminated Pet Food.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭st3vo

I was in vegas about 3 months ago when this guy beside me at a bar was
    basically saying on the phone ' I cant believe your dog has just died. My dog hasn't been well for the last week either. There must be a bug or something'

Then while in the hotel room i heard on the news that some of the higher brand dog food was contaminated and was killing dogs.

Im sure this has all been caught now but still can never be to carefull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I just checked Hills website and there is no mention of it - so how are we to find out about the safety of Hill's products??:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

RedMills is produced here -
    http://www.redmills.ie/about.php
    it's also only a fraction of the price - they could be as bad as the others but you might at least be able to get in contact with them and find out if they source any ingredients from China and the like.

I feed the dogs flesh mainly - but also mix in some nuts as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

As far as I am aware it is only the wet food that is contaminated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I was feeding my dog and cat Eukanuba and Iams all the time I've had them - dried food in both cases.

Then last month I got new batches - not cheap, about €100 for the two - and the dog wouldn't touch hers. The cat started getting sick all the time.

I moved them both onto cheaper ordinary food and they're doing fine. It may not have been the food, but I'm not going to risk it. My dog would basically eat *anything*; I've never seen her turn away from a bowl of food in her life. And my cat's old, so I don't want to take any risks with him.

Now I have to work out how to get rid of a month's worth of dried cat and dog food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Thats very strange luckat...
    I was feeding an american brand ProPac... who havent been affected by the recalls, but it got me worried and I've switched to Burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Ok I'm a bit freaked out by this, and just had a quick glance at the info on the various sites..we feed ours IAMS and its on the list:eek: , the list is also very long!! Has anyone had the time to look through all of this info and could give a few lines of advise... I notice some dates of recall are given, does this mean those particular products are now safe?
    Thanks.

I emailed Hills and got this reply which is comforting to know. :)
    Dear ******

Thank you for your enquiry. We are pleased to be able to provide reassurance.

It is important to establish first of all that there is no implication that any Hill's products are involved in pet illness or death.

None of the Hill’s products involved in the recall in the USA relating to Menu Foods has been shipped outside of the US and our customers can be reassured that Hill's products can be fed with continued confidence in both their quality and nutritional excellence.

In addition, Hill’s Prescription Diet Feline m/d dry food manufactured and sold in Europe is also not affected by Hill’s recall in the USA. Therefore, this product can also continue to be fed with full confidence.

Statements are attached for your awareness.

We trust that this information is of reassurance and, once again, thank you for contacting us. If you have any further questions, please call our free Helpline 1 800 626002. Our Helpline staff are available from 9 am to 4 pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Public Holidays.

Yours sincerely

Beverley Jones

Customer Services
    Hill's UK & Ireland
    UK Helpline 0800 282438
    ROI Helpline 1800 626002

The statements referred to in the original email are as follows which provide some more information.

statement1451x446.jpg

statement2466x482.jpg

Advertisement