Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art history, what did you think?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

i agree, save the artistic temperament for people who give a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

I don't understand why people study topics like

and stuff when there are guaranteed topics on the paper.

Bronze Age, Iron Age or Stone Age WILL come up in Section 1 no matter what.

Romanesque and/or Gothic WILL come up in Section 2.

No need to study anything else.

meh.
    its a bit late now, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Agri_trust

Cousin it wrote:
    If you're as good at drawing as both you and other people say you are then it begs the question, did you apply for art college and seek validation there, or are you just making excuses for not studying?

Im doing a portfolio course next year. Didnt decided until late this year that I wanted to do art.

I know I can still get an A2 if I get full marks in the other two questions. I'll get a Low B on the first one id say and maybe an A2 on the 3rd question.

The teacher was saying that they probaly wont put a mark through it and just say N.G they'll give you something for it. One girl in my class in the mocks sent away her art history paper and she wrote a Gallery evaluation even though it wasnt on the paper and got 26 marks for it.

I apologise for calling you a Dickhead. I was just so angry with myself for not ****ing learning enough stuff really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

I don't think it was a bad paper at all, it just seems to me that a lot of art teachers don't teach art history propery, it's almost 40% of the course. It was unusual that the Impressionists weren't on it, but you've two years to learn the course. At least the museum quetion was a handy fallback.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Geranium wrote:
    I don't think it was a bad paper at all, it just seems to me that a lot of art teachers don't teach art history propery, it's almost 40% of the course. It was unusual that the Impressionists weren't on it, but you've two years to learn the course. At least the museum quetion was a handy fallback.

Probably because the course is ridiculously large...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

It's a large course, but you're not expected to learn everything on it, that's why the paper has a choice of so many questions on it. I don't think it should be 37.5% though, very unfair to those not suited to writing essays.

Geranium wrote:
    It's a large course, but you're not expected to learn everything on it, that's why the paper has a choice of so many questions on it. I don't think it should be 37.5% though, very unfair to those not suited to writing essays.

I suppose, but at the same time, well suited to those average at art and good at writing essays :)

Art's a weird subject anyway, it's nigh on impossible to get an A1 in seeing as in you have to be great at both... And even if they make it 20% you'd still have to do very well to get an A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

I suppose, but at the same time, well suited to those average at art and good at writing essays

I didn't write one essay. Bullet points all the way!

I didn't write one essay. Bullet points all the way!

You can use bullet points for answering Art History?

Yup. It's so much easier. In most questions you'll be using random information that wouldn't be coherent in an essay format. Bullet points suit the answers perfectly. I think an essay-style answer would be a nightmare. Don't know how you haven't heard of that!

• Advertisement

Yup. It's so much easier. In most questions you'll be using random information that wouldn't be coherent in an essay format. Bullet points suit the answers perfectly. I think an essay-style answer would be a nightmare. Don't know how you haven't heard of that!

Because our teacher has always made us write essays? lol

I actually like writing essays... I'm good with language :)

I'm very good at writing essays as well but with something like art history, where, for each question, the information you need to give is so varied, bullet points are easier.

But whatever suits you best. I never wrote an essay-style answer for art history and I never will.:D

I'm very good at writing essays as well but with something like art history, where, for each question, the information you need to give is so varied, bullet points are easier.

But whatever suits you best. I never wrote an essay-style answer for art history and I never will.:D

Lol, definitly not now anyway :) I guess whatever you're used to is the best course of action!

Advertisement