Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wirless setup for Vista

Options
  • 14-06-2007 5:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, can anyone recomedn a wirless modem/router that has a wirelss USB adapter that has FUNCTIONAL and Microsoft Vista certified drivers?

Wireless Vista drivers seem to be very hard to come by and not many companies seem to be updating their drivers.

Can anyone recomend a brand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

hey,
    I use the Eircom standard- Router=Netopia with Vista home premium
    Use wireless on my lappie, Dell w/ WI-FI, no probs at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Any ethernet/WiFi based DSL/router wont be a problem as no drivers are required (USB only ones are another matter).

As for WiFi USB adapters Linksys support 32-bit Vista but not 64-bit like this USB WiFi nic for instance has drivers.

Intel are very good and support both 32-bit & 64-bit with their WiFi products but they are largely OEM and found built into notebooks.

Netgear also have a list of Vista compatible products like the WPN111 but again largely 32-bit only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I was using a belkin usb wifi thingy first with vista,then I hooked it straight up to the netopia after a week.

Have to say ,it's handy to have the belkin usb dongle ,especially for checking machines and updating .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Guys, can anyone recomedn a wirless modem/router that has a wirelss USB adapter that has FUNCTIONAL and Microsoft Vista certified drivers?

Wireless Vista drivers seem to be very hard to come by and not many companies seem to be updating their drivers.

Can anyone recomend a brand?

Why not just use Ethernet? whats the big fuss with USB.

I take it your using a Modem, if your looking for drivers on Visat

Advertisement