Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics: Help

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Yes, but I don't see how it makes a difference.

If you ever take lectures in physics beyond L.C its apparently a massive difference. The lecturers get really pissed off if you dont, its just scientific convention apparently. I find it helpful because Ive personally gotten used to using y = mx with the dependant on the y axis... It makes no difference really and can sometimes make calculating the slope more complicated (like I think in F against A the mass is actually the reciprocal of the slope) but why not get into conventional habits, making it easier for me in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I have alot to cover in physics.

Still have to go over most of my experiments.

The aspects which im going to go over are radioactivity + electron(all the junk), particle physics option,most of electricity (everything cept capacitance), heat and mechanics.

Leaving out light, and magnetism stuff.

I really hope a full question comes up on radioactivity or the electron. and maybe even a part of question 12 on top of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

You have 3 days? Not much of an excuse to leave anything out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

JC as far as I know, you have to take points from the graph that you've drawn to get the slope, not from the data you're given, because your graph is supposed to be the one that averages the values you're given... so if you just take 2 of the points then that doesnt take into account the other values

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

I really hope a full question comes up on radioactivity or the electron. and maybe even a part of question 12 on top of that.

Dont be setting your heart on fussion and fission cause it aint gona feature in a big way... it has for the last 2 years and theres only so much they can ask. Its been an sts question aswell so ders one out da window:(

Im leavind out light and sound but still doing the doplar because that has to get a full Q this year and there aint that much to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Tomlowe wrote:
    JC as far as I know, you have to take points from the graph that you've drawn to get the slope, not from the data you're given, because your graph is supposed to be the one that averages the values you're given... so if you just take 2 of the points then that doesnt take into account the other values
    Honesly, this is being analysed far too much, if a feckin graph. It's possibly the easiest 12-18 marks you'll get in your physics exam, and they really are not hard at marking it at all. There's no bonus for neatness/absolute precision here. You just plot the points, draw a line that goes through most of em, pick 2 points on the line and get the slope. Most of the time only one or two points they give you are not on the line, so ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

I suck at grpahs, I always make stupid mistakes! :p I get the question right, but i waste so much time on them, it's sad. :(

Nehpets wrote:
    You have 3 days? Not much of an excuse to leave anything out

Yes plus the study I have to do for economics!

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Honesly, this is being analysed far too much, if a feckin graph. It's possibly the easiest 12-18 marks you'll get in your physics exam, and they really are not hard at marking it at all. There's no bonus for neatness/absolute precision here. You just plot the points, draw a line that goes through most of em, pick 2 points on the line and get the slope. Most of the time only one or two points they give you are not on the line, so ignore them.

Exactly, nothing warms my heart more when they ask you to draw a graph in an experiment and they are giving you laods of marks for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cormac17

im dreadin physics!!!,,but just hopin 4 a C3, have accounting on monday 2,,nd economics on weds,,so this will not b an enjoyable weekend at all!!:(:( wish i was finished!!!,,ne one else av acc nd physics??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

afriad not, i have spanish and physics which isn't too bad. All i really need in physics is a pass...and basically all this weekend im learning all the formule, definitions and experiments, and leaving it at that. Im afraid i cant do anymore, and the rest of the stuff is going to have to come from memory over the past few years. Hopefully that will get me a C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Whatever you do, don't forget the UNITS!!
    And write down which formula you're going to use!

Advertisement