Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

personal number plate

Options
  • 14-06-2007 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

probably a stupid Q but can you buy and transfer number plates here as in the u.k. and if so where ?? I've googled it and only come up with u.k. sites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

probably a stupid Q but can you buy and transfer number plates here as in the u.k. and if so where ?? I've googled it and only come up with u.k. sites.
    Only in very exceptional circumstances but basically no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

No.

The only thing you can do is reserve a number for a new car. You can do this from Nov. of the preceeding calender year and paying 315quid.

numbers 1-200 for each county are kept for people who want to reserve them. Should you want a number like 08-D-99999, you can't actually take the plate until that reg comes up in sequence .. so you would have to wait until 99998 cars have been reg'ed in Dublin before you can get yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

thanks for that info...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

In 1988 Dublin Bus re-registered an Atlantean from 378 IK to 88 D 988 to use as a tour bus for the millenium celebrations.

VIP 1 was taken from its original Kilkenny registered vehicle and used for the Popemobile during the Papal visit in 1979.

Advertisement