Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing Results

Options
  • 14-06-2007 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

I just got my results today and there are 2 in particular that id be interested in having re-checked/appealed. In my course its up to the lecturers whether or not they release continous assessments results, in these two cases they havent, which means ive no way of knowing how they have come to the mark i got.

Just wondering, apart from emailing the lecturers directly, what or who is the next person up the ladder you would go to about results, and would you contact them or the lecturers first?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

DIT has to give you your CA results. You can claim it under Freedom of Information if they refuse to.

Contact the lecturer directly to start with, If you're having problems then contact your local exams office.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

The CA results should be given out, if not specific percentages then at least a general idea via grades, etc (e.g. A = 70+, B = 60-70, etc, etc). You can appeal your results if you want but it has to be done within seven working days of them being released so you'll want to get onto it ASAP.

For more info call Mary Scally (0868151471) or Hamid (0866031075) from the SU and they can advise you on exactly what your options are.

Do it quickly though or you might lose out!

Advertisement