Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I cash a cheque?

Options
  • 14-06-2007 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Stupid question I know but I have two cheques which I need cashed by tomorrow. They're bank of Ireland cheques and I have a BOI account. I would have assumed I could just get them cashed in the bank but last year I tried to cash an AIB cheque in my AIB account and they would only let me put it in my account. I had to wait 4 days for it to be cleared and I don't have that luxury this time.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭aCA

To get the cheques cashed you need to go to the exact BOI branch that the person who wrote the cheques has their account at, it will say it on the cheques. If you go to that branch, with ID, they should cash them there and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

If you a/c is cleared for funds you could lodge the cheque and just do a withdrawal for the same amount. However you would want to be fairly sure that the cheque wouldnt bounce

Advertisement