Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended LAN Games

Options
  • 14-06-2007 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm looking for a few recommendations for LAN games. have about a 6 - 8 person network setup and have been playing a few games but are looking for something new.

Currently coming to the end of our tolerance playing Call of Duty which has been great. Looking for more games but can't seem to think of any at the moment. Here's a few of the titles we have played and enjoyed. Games can be new or old.

Call Of Duty
    Castle Wolfenstein.
    Jedi Outcast (Fantastic Multiplayer game)
    Vietcong
    Age of Mythology (games go on too long)
    Aliens Vs Predator.

Any comments or recommendations appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Trackmania Nations, its great fun and its free!! :D

http://www.trackmanianations.com/indexUk.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Day of Defeat,Day of Defeat:Source...
    Enemy Territory,F.e.a.r combat....something,the free one ;)
    Company of heroes has a great multiplayer too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Serious Sam in insane craic with that amount of people, really worth looking into for great co-op.

Starcraft is also great fun on LAN, but the players need to have a fair idea what their doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I've had some serious fun at LANs with the tron-esque game for HL1, ricochet. Not everybodies cup of tea, but its good fun to play around lunch time at a LAN as it is as good with 2 players as it is with 8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

GRAW and SWAT4 are great if you like realistic games (GRAW especially). We play it quite alot, and its great fun. Serious Sam and Painkiller are great for mindless, non-stop action. Flatout and Trackmania for racing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The free HL2 mod The Hidden is really good for lans especially with a small number of players. Great in short bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Good spot there on SWAT4, absolutely fantastic at lans, especially when you capture someone rather than take them down. Battlefield2 can be good fun too, nothing better than slapping on C4, calling into the next room for them to wait for it and boom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

if you have half life you can play counter strike1.5

//unreal tournament is pretty fun if you want to take a break from the tactical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Can't go wrong with classic Red Alert 2:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ibjiba

I always enjoy playing Half Life : TFC on LANs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

quake3, dm17 ftw !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Serious Sam coop
    Dota (custom map for WC:FT)
    Dawn of war.
    Island defense (another custom map for Frozen throne) just make sure you get a legit copy.
    Starcraft with teams of 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

You've already got Vietcong on the list, well done :)
    L31mr0d wrote:
    the tron-esque game for HL1, ricochet
    Speaking of Tron, Tron 2.0 has a great multiplayer mode on the light cycles.

I've never been a fan of the Rainbow Six series of games, but R6:Vegas is just brilliant in Co-Op mode. Blind-firing a Spas 12 around a corner is great fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

jedi knight, its old but damn good

UT and its many many mods

ooor..

aoe2?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

FarCry and Unreal Tournament 2004 are probably the most fun lan games i have played.

Trackmania Nations is also awesome

Aoe2 is also great but only if you play a 7 hour cutom map :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Starcraft
    Dawn of War
    F.E.A.R
    Freelancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

We play
    UT
    UT 2004
    Q3
    Prey
    Serious Sam
    Flatout
    Duke Nukem

All are pretty much all-nighters in their own right except possibly Flatout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Defcon :)

SvenCoOp hl mod.

C&C

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I had so much fun playing Alien versus Predator. I was the alien, the marines were in the other room. Hearing their screams of suprise when I dived off walls was absolutely priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

Worms?

And if anyone is interested in playing any of d above games (over hamachi) let me know. I'm a noob when it comes to most of these but will give any of them a try. In other words, i'm sick of getting my ass whipped online by 14 yr olds :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement