Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for networking graduates

• 14-06-2007 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

did ye find it easy to find a job after ye finished this course? or know of recent grads that did

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is it the networking degree of cnoc that you are talking about?

If its cnoc (Computer Networking and Optical Communications), since its only a Cert, i'd say you should really look at doing the continuation course, which is CSM.

If its the degree, then you'll get a job easily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Molly Tracker:
    Number 26. Didnt realise theres a networking degree in carlow IT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

Kiith wrote:

Yes it is the networking degree

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Yeah did the Networking course, graduated about two and a bit years ago. It was tough to get a job for a while but mainly because of a lack of positions. Worked in a bank for a year doing desktop support, in with one of the mobile operators now on a graduate programme and I am applying for a position in IP and security!

There are plenty of jobs out there at the minute and if you get/got a 2.1 or higher in that course you should be laughin! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Kiith wrote:

Opps, that was supposed to say...
    Kiith wrote:
    Is it the networking degree or cnoc that you are talking about?

So shut up bman :mad:

• Advertisement

barryfitz wrote:
    Worked in a bank for a year doing desktop support, in with one of the mobile operators now on a graduate programme and I am applying for a position in IP and security!

What was that like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

how was i supposed to know wat u were talkin about, based on what u typed! plus, i think u were jsut bein a dumbass and have been spending the last 3 tdays tryin to come up wit an excuse!

3 days and ....."oh i meant to put OR!". pathetic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Timmy_d wrote:
    What was that like?

What was what like, the desktop support job or the graduate program im still on?

barryfitz wrote:
    What was what like, the desktop support job or the graduate program im still on?

The graduate program,do u get the chance to learn alot on them...

Advertisement