Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ways can I test my broadband connection?

Options
  • 14-06-2007 8:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm havng some really annoying problems with NTL. I've had the 2mb connection for about 9 months, always been fine but lately its very slow. Web pages can take 10-20 seconds to load instead of 2-3 like they used to be. When downloading a files from a server like download.com etc it will downlaod quickly, max out my conenction if the server is quick, but can be shakey and take a while to get going. But mostly its just slow responce from surfng, its on and off, but very annoying. Even my own website can take forever to lead but I know my host (blacknight) is not the problem as in work its always perfect.

So it has to be my connection. I've just used www.irishisptest.com andI only get about 1.6mb whereas I used to get 2.5 a few months ago.

Apart from this I do not know how to text my connection. Can anyone recommend sites or ways in which I can test for latency and other such factors.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement