Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dell question

• 14-06-2007 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Ordered a desktop on-line yesterday. Did not receive a confirmation email or anything. Is this the norm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Normally you receive an order confirmation email straight away, more or less, but a few times I've received nothing until cc has cleared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

kaizersoze wrote:
    Normally you receive an order confirmation email straight away, more or less, but a few times I've received nothing until cc has cleared.

I'll give them a call. Thanks for your post in Bargain Alerts to the AMD PC. Thats the one I bought :)

Motherfúckers.

I got through to some guy in India who could not understand what I was telling him. Says my order has never been received and that I must not have fully places the order. However I know I'm not a fúcking idiot and that I did place the order. I also had to go through a second level of Visa verification (verify or something it was called) and received an email from my CC provider stating:

Dear Daveg,

Thank you for registering to 3D Secure services. This free service provides added safety when you shop online.

Activation Details:
    Activation date: 13/06/07
    Merchant at which activation took place: Dell
    Amount of purchase: 525.88 EUR
    Login name: Daveg
    The service is now active for your MBNA Europe Bank card ending with: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

From now on, when shopping at participating online merchants, your purchase is protected with the password you created during the service activation. Please save your password in a safe place; you will need it for future purchases.

To access your 3D Secure account, we invite you to visit the https://www.securesuite.co.uk site. Upon your first visit you may create your own login name and update your account data. Additionally, at this site you will find more information regarding the service and participating merchants.

This is an outbound message only. Please do not reply.
    If you have any questions, please refer to our site at https://www.securesuite.co.uk/mbna/docs/faq.jsp?partner=mbnairelandvisa.visa (FAQ).

Thank you,
    MBNA Europe Bank

So is this standard Dell customer service experience? Where should I go from here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Indian call centers are terrible, the staff only usually last a few weeks and are sacked.

Call dell in ireland !

Anti wrote:
    Indian call centers are terrible, the staff only usually last a few weeks and are sacked.

Call dell in ireland !

I did.. Customer Service Queries 01 204 4014, option 2 (order not arrived) and I get through to the call centre in India. Anyone have a number for a call centre in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

There is a call centre in Derry but the chanced of you getting through are about 1 in 250.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

The exact same thing happened me. They claimed there was no order placed. I showed them a screenshot of the "verified by visa" page to prove I placed the order. Still waiting for them to get back to me.

kc66 wrote:
    The exact same thing happened me. They claimed there was no order placed. I showed them a screenshot of the "verified by visa" page to prove I placed the order. Still waiting for them to get back to me.

I rang the Dell EPP number at 1850 40 70 70. Spoke to a girl called Danielle who was really nice and placed the order again for me (and gave me the same discount which is not finished). She didn;t give me anything else off though for my trouble :rolleyes:

Don't deal with the muppets in India. Ring the EPP number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Thats the girl I have been emailing. No update for me though.

Advertisement