Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walting St. / St. James's Gate

Options
  • 14-06-2007 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Looking at a flat in a lovely apartment block by Walting Street / St. James's Gate - just wondering how is the area? I've heard it wasn't the best a while back, but it's come on - is this true? Safe for a woman to walk home to here late(ish) at night, or should I continue looking in rathmines...?

Thanks a lot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note it is Watling Street.

You will get a definite whiff of the brewery.

There area is "up and coming" - some ruffian types with a mix of dacent Dubs, young professionals and NCAD students. Luas is at St. James Hospital until 00:30 and I imagine some Nitelink does that route after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I usually hang about in NCAD until 9, and in the pub for an hour or two after, and only gotten into hassle myself on one occasion, but have seen a bit of fighting, drug use and robbings.

There are problems with drugs in the area, and there's certainally a push to turn the area into Dublins Creative Corridor as it's being termed.

Plenty of buses, and the Luas as Victor mentioned. It's very central, and beside Heuston Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Safe enough area,but i reckon the Luas "Museum" stop is best.:confused:

Advertisement