Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decoy magpie's and Caller

• 14-06-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about buying some Decoy maypie's and a caller. Im am just wondering are they effective and worth buying i heard stories that during breading season they come by the dozen to the Decoys. Anyone got any Advice??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Used lockvogel and they will bring em in alright depending on where you are turn the crow call on and the aky will turn black

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

lockvogel is that a type of caller??

shoot.ie have one somewhere i think

Yes a caller a good one at that but damn expensive €200 ish

found it on shoot.ie

http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_33&products_id=51&zenid=8279edb474bd31fab215c01076652091

what other sounds does it make?? They dont have much info about it there

Em from memory rabbit distress, mallard, teal, widgeon, crow, magpie

Think thats it think they're could be hare and rabbit distress.

Vegeta on here has one next time he's on im sure he'll give a thumbs up

• Advertisement

was looking at the Ucaller the one that you can change the cards on it for about €105 with 2 cards looks like a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

I have the lockvogel caller it's a fantastic piece of kit, mainly used for Foxes but very good on getting magpies. Only thing is even using a decoy once a shot is fired thats it, mags never come back..

The caller has an interchangable chip, comes with
    Fox (mating)
    Fox (vixen)
    Rabbit Distress
    Teal
    Mallard
    Wigeon
    Crow
    Magpie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

yes its excellent fot magpies. the magpies usually fly from ditch to ditch so thay are very hard to call though. the best technique i have found is to be in a good hide in the corner of the field. get a decoy magpie and i dead rabbit with his guts out and start puttin on the caller. the magpies will sing back to the caller so the will so keep it up ofr a wile and they'l come in right over your head. i think you know what to do from then on!!!!!

I might Buy that caller so

Advertisement