Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clingy person, what to do?

• 14-06-2007 9:50pm

Not sure whether to put it here or PI but the end result is a mobile related question. I've recently moved to Dublin from Kerry. But there's a girl living down there who still won't leave me alone! Even after ignoring her for 2 months she's still texting me! Simply put, she fancies me and has never had a boyfriend in her life so she's desperate to get me, lol.

I'm on Meteor and so is she (which makes it worse because she can "stalk" me for free) but is there anything I can do without changing my number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭StephenC_IRL

had this issue myself too, call your network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sorry couldnt help but laugh,,,,

1) you could tell to stop
    2) ring meteor saying this number keeps hassling you wont stop, they might ring and her see if they can sort out, but if she doesn't they cant stop her from ringing u best of my knowledge.

i had a foreign person ringing me 50 times a day and hanging up after a few seconds on a new sim card that i hadn't given the number out! o2 changed my number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

if u have a symbian phone, get an appilcation called blacklist. that should take care of the problem, otherwise call meteor and say you are getting [spelling] nusance [/spelling!] calls
    Or an extreme measure, get ur mate to text her and say u were in a horribe accident & u died! extreme i know but it might just work lol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Ok, I've recently been in a similiar situation only I didn't know the freak. You need to send a request in writing to the meteor security department at the address in citywest(its just he address on the website). You need to include your name, address, date of birth ( standard security items). You also need to include date and times of contact and reason for wanting the number blocked. Once thats done the person will no longer be able to send you txt messages or ring you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The network can't stop her from ringing you. You need to report it to the guards as harrassment and get a court order etc etc.

Have you told her to get lost at all? Are you replying to these texts?

++ edit ++
    Boston posted at the same time as me - are you sure Boston? This is a new development.

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    The network can't stop her from ringing you. You need to report it to the guards as harrassment and get a court order etc etc.

Have you told her to get lost at all? Are you replying to these texts?

++ edit ++
    Boston posted at the same time as me - are you sure Boston? This is a new development.

Well they lead me to believe that was the procedure. I rang up customer services and they told me to contact the security department with the information at outlined above. I sent off the letter and the calls plus txt's stopped, meteor never contacted me. From a technology point of view there's nothing what so ever stoping them blocking calls and txts from specific numbers being passed along.

Wow, didn't expect such a response so soon! I do have a Symbian phone, a 6680, therefore s60 v2.

As I said above I've been ignoring her for 2 months yet she just texted me again about 3 hours ago. Might just have to stop being so nice and tell her where to go! Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor will be able to stop her ringing but not texting. Just tell her to stop, get a free app to blacklist her and live happily ever after.

chrislad wrote:
    Meteor will be able to stop her ringing but not texting.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Tell her your gay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Tell her unless she stops you will post her number on here and loads of other websites.................or give me her number, its been a while since i have had a mental women around draining the life out of me everyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Boston wrote:
    Well they lead me to believe that was the procedure. I rang up customer services and they told me to contact the security department with the information at outlined above. I sent off the letter and the calls plus txt's stopped, meteor never contacted me. From a technology point of view there's nothing what so ever stoping them blocking calls and txts from specific numbers being passed along.
    I was under the impression that they couldn't do this without legal intervention as it was interferring with another persons rights on using their phone etc etc.

You're not stopping yourself recieving calls/texts, you're stopping them making them.

I never understood it fully but could see where they were coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Boston wrote:
    Why?

Because that's what the tech guys told me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

tell her your gay.

lol:D

chrislad wrote:
    Because that's what the tech guys told me.

I'm a computer and electronic engineer and I fail to see why that would be the case. The SMS message is sent to a service centre in the same way a call is sent to to a MSC. If you can block calls you can just as easily block txt messages.

edit, that said, it doesn't mean that meteor have set up a SMS blocking service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Is she good lookin:D .. Only messin... CiaranFo is right you do need to tell the gardai plus then approach Meteor..

Quick way to stop phone calls is in your profiles accept calls from specific group and add all your mates and family to your group she cant call... Texts your F'd till meteor do somethin for ya... What about changing your number even temporarilly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Karsini wrote:
    Wow, didn't expect such a response so soon! I do have a Symbian phone, a 6680, therefore s60 v2.
    http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/software/item/BlackList_for_Nokia_Series_601.php
    It was hard finding a legit version...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

or give me her number, its been a while since i have had a mental women around draining the life out of me everyday.

ROFL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

at least get a shag first then get her to stop calling you,or change your number,i have no idea why people think their phone number is so precious and it must be kept at all costs,its a phone number,most people dont know it off by heart anyway they have it stored in their phones,a group text to people who call you most often sorts the problem

krudler wrote:
    at least get a shag first
    Not when you find her revoltingly unattractive!

I've a simple yet stupid reason for not wanting to change my number, all the Meteor SIMs available now have numbers starting with 1, ie 085 1xxxxxx and I don't like them lol. Mine starts with 7. So yeah, I'm expecting to get slaughtered for saying this.

• Advertisement

So does mine, whats the significants?

Nah I look at 0 and 1 prefixed numbers as "odd" because no landline numbers have them, that's about it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Karsini wrote:
    As I said above I've been ignoring her for 2 months yet she just texted me again about 3 hours ago. Might just have to stop being so nice and tell her where to go! Thanks for the advice.
    Now if you did that 2 months ago, you'd be a much happier camper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

meteor can stop the phone calls but not txt messages- need the gardí for that

Advertisement