Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom announce price hike

Options
  • 14-06-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Eircom tonight announced plans to hike its prices for telephone customers in six weeks which will take affect from July 30.

line rental increase by €1.18 (4.9%)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just saw that, the B'astards. Oh well its just reminded me to get in touch with IBB about signing up to Breeze.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 digiworld.ie

How are these state companies continuously being allowed to hike the prices and still deliver poor services to the public??

No doubt there will be some other strike down the road, be it from eircom, an post, esb etc because of some stupid incident that someone got upset over and its us, joe and jane public who has to suffer the consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

i don't know why anyone stays with them, theres so many different providers now that you don't have to pay line rental with, i'm moving to ntl, and my bill is going to be something like €10 a month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

How are these state companies continuously being allowed to hike the prices and still deliver poor services to the public??

No doubt there will be some other strike down the road, be it from eircom, an post, esb etc because of some stupid incident that someone got upset over and its us, joe and jane public who has to suffer the consequences.

Not a state company, and hasn't been for like years and years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i don't know why anyone stays with them, theres so many different providers now that you don't have to pay line rental with, i'm moving to ntl, and my bill is going to be something like €10 a month!

thats sounds good,, but i have heard a lot of complaints about ntl. check it out fully first, maybe if u know anyone who has it already. always good to ring their customer care (not sales line) and see what there like

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did I say Breeze? Changed my mind and just signed up for digweb metro. Goodbye eircom (in a few weeks!).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

mike65 wrote:
    Did I say Breeze? Changed my mind and just signed up for digweb metro. Goodbye eircom (in a few weeks!).

Mike.

Yea, breeze is a terrible idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

mike65 wrote:

Mike.

I was considering Digiweb myself but my neighbour told me another new Company has been around the doors promoting their services, I think they are called ICE, has anyone any feedback on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Nordie wrote:
    I was considering Digiweb myself but my neighbour told me another new Company has been around the doors promoting their services, I think they are called ICE, has anyone any feedback on them?

this the company your talking about click here

seems alright prices, not ground breaking though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

davton wrote:
    this the company your talking about click here

seems alright prices, not ground breaking though

Thanks, thats them alright. I couldn't get Digiweb at first but now they are available in my area I think I will change over to them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement