Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Delivery/Collection Service

Options
  • 14-06-2007 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi

Is anyone aware of a company that provides an NCT delivery and collection service in Dublin?

Also if your NCT is due will they contact you with an appointment?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Ooooh, now there's an idea. Bing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

NCTS will usually send you a letter reminding you that an NCT is due. This letter will have a provisional appointment that you need to confirm.

As regards collection/delivery, some garages will do a pre NCT and take the car to the test centre for you. It's a scarce service so you may have to look hard for a garge that is willing to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭smree

Thanks

The reason I'm looking for this is that I'm on a provisional license & don't want to drive it myself or ask family/friends to take time of to drive it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

smree wrote:
    Thanks

The reason I'm looking for this is that I'm on a provisional license & don't want to drive it myself or ask family/friends to take time of to drive it for me.

Could you not get someone to sit in it while you drive it in? Or just drive it in yourself? Sure the rest of the country's doing it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

ballooba wrote:
    Ooooh, now there's an idea. Bing.

See:

http://www.egarage.ie/nct-assurance.html

for more info...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭McSpud

smree wrote:
    Also if your NCT is due will they contact you with an appointment?

They used to contact you a couple of months before the NCT was due but they don't always do this anymore.

I seems like the NCTS & even the Guards don't care about that test anymore. I only did the test recently (it was due for longer than I would care to admit) & because it failed I have to get it retested. Was stopped by the guards last week but relatively easy to talk my may past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Does anyone here work in the nct office that can get me a early nct date. :) I rang and they said its early august for a date for deansgrange branch.I would just love if i can get a cancellation date. :)

drdre wrote:
    Does anyone here work in the nct office that can get me a early nct date. :) I rang and they said its early august for a date for deansgrange branch.I would just love if i can get a cancellation date. :)

The NCTS compile their cancellations twice a day, the first time they do it is just after 8:00AM and they do it again just before 8PM. If you call them just after 8AM or just before 8PM, you can get a cancellation in a matter of days...

Darragh29 wrote:
    The NCTS compile their cancellations twice a day, the first time they do it is just after 8:00AM and they do it again just before 8PM. If you call them just after 8AM or just before 8PM, you can get a cancellation in a matter of days...

Yeah thanks.I will ring them over the next few days and try and get the earliest day.I need it soon as i want to sell the car.thanks for the advice

I just rang at 8am and they said earliest date it 29th june :( ,im going to keep trying as i want to get it asap to sell the car.
    thanks for your help

• Advertisement

drdre wrote:
    I just rang at 8am and they said earliest date it 29th june :( ,im going to keep trying as i want to get it asap to sell the car.
    thanks for your help

Your better off trying last thing in the evening just before 8PM as they will have the days cancellations in front of them then...

Darragh29 wrote:
    Your better off trying last thing in the evening just before 8PM as they will have the days cancellations in front of them then...

I will try in the morning again and then in the evening i might be lucky to get it sooner.

Advertisement