Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Easy pass nationwide

Options
  • 14-06-2007 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

from tomorrow easy pass can be used at all toll plazas in ireland.

cork m8, m4, m1, east link west link and dublin port tunnel.

no roaming charges as of yet, could be in the future. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Better get it changed over to the new car and stuck on the windscreen then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Good to hear! I had an embarassing moment on the M4 shortly after it opened wondering why my Eazypass didn't work! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I had one on the M1 before even tho i use it twice a day, wasn't detected and couldn't reverse, then the queue was huge. ;)

other plazas don't seem as quick to detect as east and west link i noticed, a warning to people don't want to steal the barrier now do we!!

I got to use my EP once on the van before they flagged it. :(

Will have to change it from car to van now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Is easypass the same price? They should make it somewhat cheaper to encourage it. I rarely pay full price at the tolls anyway:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

So didn't someone recently mention a new system in operation, and alternative to Easypass ? I havent searched but I did look at the website a few weeks abck and apparantly you could rent a tag or something ??

I simply wont sign a direct debit, is there another way to do it ?

I assume it needs to be stuck, and only relates to one car ??

Sorry for the obvious questions !!

cormie wrote:
    Is easypass the same price? They should make it somewhat cheaper to encourage it. I rarely pay full price at the tolls anyway:D
    There is no reason for them to do so. The convenience factor is worth it for people who are less tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

There is no reason for them to do so. The convenience factor is worth it for people who are less tight.

............exactly how is it better than the way it was previously when you could buy tokens, as many as you wanted, for use in any car ??

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭38psi

MercMad wrote:
    So didn't someone recently mention a new system in operation, and alternative to Easypass ? I havent searched but I did look at the website a few weeks abck and apparantly you could rent a tag or something ??

I simply wont sign a direct debit, is there another way to do it ?

I assume it needs to be stuck, and only relates to one car ??

Sorry for the obvious questions !!
    The pass you refer to is the eTrip tag. I have recently gor one and it works fine. You can buy it outright for a charge of 30 euro and then you pay a .50cent admin charge monthly or rent it (not sure of that cost) Normal tolls apply.

MercMad wrote:
    ............exactly how is it better than the way it was previously when you could buy tokens, as many as you wanted, for use in any car ??
    Not sure what you mean. I was referring to the convenience of tag over coins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

He's talking about the tokens you used to be able to buy for the West Link. Because you were paying up front, it worked out slightly cheaper (only slightly mind you, probably one free crossing in twenty or something like that) Plus it was easy to just throw all the tokens into your coin holder so you always had the exact change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I got the email today about Eazypass...great news I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

i think its was 10% off when it came out to try get people to sign up to easy pass.

and isnt easy pass not better that etrip as it costs for the nag its self, while easy pass tag is free. i think 1euro a month admin.

Advertisement