Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to set up business...... need help

Options
  • 14-06-2007 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi Guys,

I'd like to set up a small business in the near future but I am unsure as to what the steps are for doing this. I'd really appreciate it if some of you folk could advise me.

Take the example that I want to set up an online business which sells goods etc. etc.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

1. Set up business
    2. Sell goods online using paypal.
    3. Withdraw money from paypal to bank account
    4. Re-invest in more stock
    5. Spend profits on cocaine and hookers.

What are you planning on selling? Do you want to pay tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Jack_Flash

Thanks FX Meister. I was more worried about what my statutory obligations are and yes I intend to pay tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Jack_Flash wrote:
    Thanks FX Meister. I was more worried about what my statutory obligations are and yes I intend to pay tax.

Hi Jack,

Just sent you a pm

Joe

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can anyone run a business, without registering as a company or paying tax?

Like.. running a shop online selling some goods. Do I need to set up a busines name, pay tax etc?

One area that has me totaly confused in business!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Sully wrote:
    Can anyone run a business, without registering as a company or paying tax?

Like.. running a shop online selling some goods. Do I need to set up a busines name, pay tax etc?
    They are separate issues. You can do business as a sole trader, a partnership, a co-op or a limited company. Each have their own characteristics and what suits one may not suit the other. In any of them you will be liable for taxes, though there are variations.

Have a look at these links for further information:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/employment/types-of-employment/self-employment/starting_up_a_business_in_ireland/?searchterm=start%20a%20business
    http://www.performanceplus.ireland.ie/home/index.aspx?id=238

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

But whats stopping someone from advertising services, and not charging tax? Ie cash in hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

nothing, but should the tax man find you he will pin your ass to the wall

Nuttzz wrote:
    nothing, but should the tax man find you he will pin your ass to the wall

I always wondered was that legal. Cheers. :)

Advertisement