Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ntsc to pal

• 14-06-2007 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Hi, a bit of a long winded question. A friend has an NTSC video camera and asked me if I know of anyone who could chip it to pal.He can view his capture on his pc but can't burn a dvd.Obviously he would be unable to watch his video's either even if he managed to burn one unless he had a compatable tv/dvd machine.So is it possible to get an ntsc video recorder (Sony DCR-HC40) changed to pal in some way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Don't think so - but nearly all PAL DVD players can play back NTSC discs, and most newish TVs can handle the resulting signal (although sometimes it comes out black and while on some TVs). So if he stays in a NTSC workflow he'll probably be OK. I do this all the time with my old NTSC camcorder.

What DVD authoring software is he using, don't know why you say he can't burn a DVD.

Advertisement