Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy's grapics layout

Options
  • 14-06-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

what are peoples opinions about the way the graphics have changed? was the graphic layout of ff7-ff9 i.e great looking graphics on the background with a top down view of the character OR the graphical layout of ff10-ff12,with the most advanced graphics they could do at the time and the camera being able to be positioned anywhere.And also the way the characters where done i.e. the characters in each game are either life-like or cartoonish

Which had the best graphic layout? 15 votes

ff7
    0% 0 votes
    ff8
    33% 5 votes
    ff9
    13% 2 votes
    ff10
    20% 3 votes
    ff10-2
    26% 4 votes
    ff11
    6% 1 vote
    ff12
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Can't recall VII - IX being a top-down view....? O_o
    And also the way the characters where done i.e. the characters in each game are either life-like or cartoonish
    I think you mean superdeformed vs. regular size models? Both have their merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

well not really "top-down" but it never changed the view

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Ahh, the static camera view, gotcha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I dont know which graphic layout i liked the best (VIIs background where really well done, while i liked the free moving camera in XII) i have to say i hated the character graphics in VIII. Either walking around or in battle your characters (and the monsters too) looked like cardboard cut outs, i think they where trying to put in too much detail and it didn't really pan out (it improved in IX though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

i liked X...the whole world really...that you were on a more or less straight path between key points in the story and the temples. Also you could do a bit of movin around when you got the airship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

ec18 wrote:
    i liked X...the whole world really...that you were on a more or less straight path between key points in the story and the temples. Also you could do a bit of movin around when you got the airship

Don't think that was what he meant, and that was the worst thing about final fantasy X! What good is a final fantasy game if you don't have to figure things out for yourself/get hopelessly lost and frustrated and quit the game for several months? No fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

kawaii wrote:
    Don't think that was what he meant, and that was the worst thing about final fantasy X! What good is a final fantasy game if you don't have to figure things out for yourself/get hopelessly lost and frustrated and quit the game for several months? No fun.

Yeh I have to agree,

I hated the Linear travel system, click and go airship crap.

FF7 ruled the way you had to control the airship/buggy etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

or in 8 with the moving garden trying to find edea(i think was her name...) ship...god that took me so long...quit came back, quit came back...eventully got it do!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Would have said 7 (Hated 8 and 10) but I just started playing 12 and I love how I can move the camera.

Advertisement