Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dialogue

Options
  • 15-06-2007 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Which is better?

Which was better? Dialogue or text? 8 votes

Text
    0% 0 votes
    Dialogue
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Signed in just to vote.

I think the FF games lost something when they switched to dialogue. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

yep,my opinion exactly,it felt like reading a book when it had text which was really good,now that its all dialogue it feels like a movie and i dont listen to half of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

its not that the change in dialogue that made the games lose somthing. its the games themselves. Havent liked anything since X and i can safely say its not cause of the dialogue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Voices definitely works better but only if you get decent actors. There were some hateful actors in FFX and FFXII that brought down otherwise excellent voice work overall. Dragon Quest VIII has got it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

I think that dialogue works if its actually joined up properly and it sounds like the charcters are actually talking to each other. For the most part, X and XIIs dialogue was done well (i'm not talking about the choice of actors or what they where saying, it just went from one character talking to the next well) but if you have a game where the dialogue doesnt join right it sounds crap
    eg I recently got Dirge of Cerberus and the thing that bugs me the most is the split second loading gap between pieces of dialogue especially where people are cut off by something and for a second nothing happens and then the interuption actually happens

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

The text was much better. I say make and option of being able to choose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Nehpets wrote:
    The text was much better. I say make and option of being able to choose!

+1

Advertisement