Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop the Freeze!

Options
  • 15-06-2007 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

I have a small fridge with a freezer compartment on top (they both share the same door) like this:
    x13.jpg

Anyway, it seems the freezer part is over freezing and as the ice grows into the fridge part, it melts. The fridge is only on half power too so it's not as cold as it could be at all.

I don't even use the freezer part so would love to just turn it off somehow. Has anyone experienced this problem before and what's the best way to solve it?

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

If you dont use the freezer section that could be the problem .... fill it up with something simple like a few bread loaves and simply leave them there for ever ..... they won't come to any harm and may solve your problem .... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hmm, interesting theory:) Do you think that could definitely work? Be an awful waste of bread if it didn't;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Pop down to LIDL's or DUNNES and get the 55 cent loaves .... you will probably need 4 or 5 .....

Try it ..... :)

edit ... and if it doesn't work I'll send over my Crows to eat the bread .... I have eleven (11) nests in my front garden so any extra grub would be appreciated, I'm sure .......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

ok, I'll give it a shot! If it doesn't work you owe me a few loaves of bread though:p

Advertisement