Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clapping rhymes

Options
  • 15-06-2007 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Do kids still do these? You know, when you clap your hands, then clap your hands against the other kid's, then clap your hands twice, then clap the other's hands crossways, and so on, all the time saying a particular rhyme?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GAA widow

millions of them - under the palm bushes, si-si my playmate, cola, cola, pepsi cola.......there are so many, with localised variations etc., along with skipping rope games "e.g. birthday game" etc, and elastics games like "England , Ireland, Scotland, Wales" and "Banana Splits" why are you looking for them for luckat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Just curious - someone on the folk music forum Mudcat (www.mudcat.org/threads.cfm) started a discussion of them (these folkies are from all around the world), and I realised I hadn't seen them in years here.

Advertisement