Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mixed Signals

• 15-06-2007 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Ok guys bit of a weird one.

Fancy a friend of friends and was a bit scared to make a move but had been talking away to her on a few nights out when she happened to be there and we got on very well. I tend to be a bit slow to make the first move but decide that this time it wwas worth the effort so told her that there was this play I wanted to see but had asked the lads and they had no interest in going.

That was total BS - really it was a pretext just to ask her out. Anyways we went for a drink first and then went to the play. Had a really good time and then when I got home she sent me a text saying "Thanks, I really enjoyed the night". I replied by saying that I had wanted to ask her out for ages but had been too nervous to go ahead with it so had asked her to this as a kind of calming the nerves type of thing. She replied kind of jokingly saying that she must be really scary and I just replied saying I hadnt meant it like that at all. Few minutes later she replies saying it is a bit scary asking someone out like that before saying "anyways I'm going to bed so goodnight".

Thing is this has confused the hell out of me. I thought the second last text would lead to a few more and that the door was being opened for me to ask the question a bit more blatantly but the last message was very odd for its bluntness. Now she does have to work early in the mornng so that could be explained but what I am wondering is how would people interpret that, as either:

1) I'm going to bed but keep chasing; or
    2) I'm going to bed but really have no interest so don't see any value in continuing this conversation

Would welcome opinions! :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I'd say

"I'm really tired now, I think i'll go to sleep"

Seriously - she got tired after a night out. It happens to people... It doesnt mean she likes/dislikes you either. You both had a good time, and it obviously went well/got on good together.. imo you're reading into it too much because you like her and are scared about it (like you said in the post - you get nervous/scared about such things, therefore feel the need to question things..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Paddygarrett

First thing you do is stop reading so much into her reply. It was kinda vague and theres no reason why you shouldnt text her again tomorrow or whenever.

Judging by what she said it seems possible that she wanted to appear cool about it and not give away too much too soon.

If its the case where she really was scared by the way you asked her out then she seems quite touchy and neurotic, in which case you should broom her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

She has no clue what you're talking about. Forget the subtle hints and be blunt about it

Advertisement