Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Questions / Tips

Options
  • 15-06-2007 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

How might you find an APPROXIMATE value of the focal lenght? (focal lenght of concave mirror mock question)

Also does anyone think it likely that all three experiments -
    Concave Mirror
    A proportional to F
    Specific Heat Capacity
    - could be asked - none of them have come up so far

Tips: Wheatstone bridge, doppler effect, simple harmonic motion, optical fibres

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

capslocked wrote:
    How might you find an APPROXIMATE value of the focal lenght? (focal lenght of concave mirror mock question)

Page 21 of your physics book...

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Would you say there is a slim chance of the stuff that came up last year in full questions comming up this year?
    So I could probably get away with having a vague knowledge of what came up last year??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

sternn wrote:
    Would you say there is a slim chance of the stuff that came up last year in full questions comming up this year?
    So I could probably get away with having a vague knowledge of what came up last year??

Maybe, sometimes questions come up two years in a row. You could learn most of it over the weekend. Got back through the last 5 years and check the pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

sternn wrote:

Its very doubtful, there's too much stuff that could come up in long questions that hasn't been asked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

sternn wrote:

Sorry, what i mean to say is: Could i almost completely ignore the stuff that came up last year and know everything else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Judging by Irish 2, English 2 and History - no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

I would go by what came up in the pre.

So far paper 2 of Irish covered most of what came up in the pre, and so did the french paper as well.

Sternn- I really doubt it. There's some stuff they love asking every year. (short questions and modern physics)

Chapter 29 --- Xrays! I spent 3 hours learning that in evening study one night ... and it comes up every year ... its like a definite question!

madgal wrote:
    Chapter 29 --- Xrays! I spent 3 hours learning that in evening study one night ... and it comes up every year ... its like a definite question!

Aye, love the X-Rays myself. There's not much in it, so its a simple enough question. If you know your diagram for the production of X-Rays you're set and medical and industrial applications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Theres so much choice in physics but the biggest problem i find is that the stuff you know comes up in questions with the stuff you don't know!!:mad:

Its all about choosing the right Q's, And ye i think they repeat theme selfs alot! Well i hope they do anyway!

I just don't understand Einsteins part of the thing ... why was the guy such a genius ... and why was I such a dumbass?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I know what you mean TurnipFace!

madgal wrote:
    I just don't understand Einsteins part of the thing ... why was the guy such a genius ... and why was I such a dumbass?!?

What part? (not that I'll be able to answer, but I'm sure someone else might be able to :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Nehpets wrote:
    What part? (not that I'll be able to answer, but I'm sure someone else might be able to :D)

e=mc squared......

energy = mass by the speed of light squared....

Pretty easy equation ;)

e=mc squared......

energy = mass by the speed of light squared....

Pretty easy equation ;)

Who asked for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

Mass as in the change in mass after the ....watever it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I left out the Sound and Vibrations chapter as well as The Wave Nature of Light. The last few chapters in the book are what Im hoping come up a good bit; all that nuclear stuff and particle physics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I want as much mechanics as possible(1.5 Qs?).

Questions on Heat are also easy and nice.

Particle physics should be 56/56, have to go over it though.

I'd like a full question on EMI also, it looks hard but it's so easy after you just learn it.

Anyone get the feeling there'll be something big on semi-conducters? I've only ever seen them come up in Q12 and that was once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

It's quite hard to tell what will come up. Just learn it all! :p

ON another note, does anyone happen to have a list of the questions that have come up previsouly. I.E Pressure was part of Q12. etc.

I was sure I had a lost like this, but I'll be danged if I can't find it! When I need it most of course, it's got lost in a mess of notes.

Maybe this was it, nevermind: http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=2107

My teacher never gave us any of this stuff, I always had to use teh internets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I want as much mechanics as possible(1.5 Qs?).

Questions on Heat are also easy and nice.

Particle physics should be 56/56, have to go over it though.

I'd like a full question on EMI also, it looks hard but it's so easy after you just learn it.

Whats EMI again? Sometimes the mechanics q6 can be dodgy, like angular velocity, dont like that. Though i find it very easy to derive kepplers law

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Hate angular velocity, I can define it, just always muck up the questions to work them out. :p

Whats EMI again? Sometimes the mechanics q6 can be dodgy, like angular velocity, dont like that. Though i find it very easy to derive kepplers law

Electromagnetic Induction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Cipriana

ye I'd bet on semi conductors and a latent heat one normally comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

umm, do you mean kepler's law (one p)? and that's not on the course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭microbiek

cocoa wrote:

T^2 is proportional to R^3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

When the exam is being made out, the short questions are done last (Q5). They are the things that "Didn't get a go" that year and are likley to come up the next year in long Qs. Static elec and doppler are looking good for Longs this year.
    personally, 3 mechanics exps and 5 mechanics long Qs would be sweet. Applies maths ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭microbiek

Feddd wrote:
    When the exam is being made out, the short questions are done last (Q5). They are the things that "Didn't get a go" that year and are likley to come up the next year in long Qs. Static elec and doppler are looking good for Longs this year.
    personally, 3 mechanics exps and 5 mechanics long Qs would be sweet. Applies maths ftw!

that would hardly happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

cocoa wrote:

He seems to be correct, actually...

Leaving Cert Physics Syllabus

How odd.

Advertisement